• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Prevent Removal and bribes with CS from custodial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleaseassist

Never mind - here is the law that you are referring to. You are wrong in saying that it doesn't allow her to move.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0061/Sections/0061.13001.html

What it says is that she has to notify you at least 60 days in advance of the move. If you agree, great, it all works out. If you don't agree, then she has to go through the courts.
Yes thats what I meant, I'm not agreeing, so therefore, she can't just move.

pleaseassist

You need an attorney.

You're not understanding this, at all.
It's not an option.

Could you list some reasons why it WOULD be generally a reason to change custody? I have what feels like 100 reasons and the court only cares about half of them or even less, Its hard to find the right ones.

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Yes thats what I meant, I'm not agreeing, so therefore, she can't just move.
No, but reading the statute, I get the feeling that she's going to be allowed to move with Princess. :cool:

You only have 52 nights a year? That can easily be done with extended visits.

Move is to improve Mom's job/life (and by extension, Princess's)? Statute supports those reasons.

pleaseassist

Move is to improve Mom's job/life (and by extension, Princess's)? Statute supports those reasons.
I specifically said that she would actually be downgrading in her job opportunities. She is going to get an entry level job, she has a GED and that's it, she could get this job here, its not a rare or hard to find job, not only that but she's just got an interview.

She cannot afford the air fair and neither can I for 52 nights a year no matter how you split it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let's talk reality:

1) You don't know what you're doing.
2) You don't seem inclined to learn what you need to do.
3) You cannot and/or will not get an attorney
4) Mom is going to move with kiddo.
5) With the proper steps, you could get the court to order her to return the child to the state (see 1, 2, and 3 for the problem with that).

So, where does that leave you?

torimac

Just saying you disagree is not going to work; you could yell until you are blue in the face and nothing would happen. What matters is legal orders (what your order says about moving) and the law as stated above. What actions have you taken thus far? Has she notified the courts or you in writing?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My timeline is 10 pages long plus in word document. (also i'd be exposing my most valuable asset online for her.)
Jack - That is going to be too long for court. And that is not what we are looking for. A rough idea of who took what legal steps when will suffice. No one needs or wants to read 10 pages of you and theex sniped at each other. At this point - take it to a lawyer.

pleaseassist

Let's talk reality:

1) You don't know what you're doing.
2) You don't seem inclined to learn what you need to do.
3) You cannot and/or will not get an attorney
4) Mom is going to move with kiddo.
5) With the proper steps, you could get the court to order her to return the child to the state (see 1, 2, and 3 for the problem with that).

So, where does that leave you?
#2 I have asked you plenty of questions you have left unanswered, my desire to learn what to do is overwhelming, and I have gotten little help so far....just discouragement.
#5 you have not read the entire thread, and failed to see that she has not left the state with "the child" yet, and may actually leave her with the grandmother and try to say I cannot care for her while she's out of state.

Zigner

#2 I have asked you plenty of questions you have left unanswered, my desire to learn what to do is overwhelming, and I have gotten little help so far....just discouragement.
#5 you have not read the entire thread, and failed to see that she has not left the state with "the child" yet, and may actually leave her with the grandmother and try to say I cannot care for her while she's out of state.
Yet here you are...after hours on Tuesday and you want to be in court by Friday morning.

Proserpina

That's hardly going to encourage other posters to answer, now is it?

pleaseassist

Yet here you are...after hours on Tuesday and you want to be in court by Friday morning.
I dont want to be in court that soon, I want the approval to keep her in the state - I just want a paper signed, why would you hold it against me that I don't know how this works? I'm literally coming here to ask you this.:confused:

We already have a court date in less than 30 days she's trying to skip out on :eek:

Zigner

I dont want to be in court that soon, I want the approval to keep her in the state - I just want a paper signed, why would you hold it against me that I don't know how this works? I'm literally coming here to ask you this.:confused:

We already have a court date in less than 30 days she's trying to skip out on :eek:
Huh? According to your FIRST post, that is the biggest thing you want to do. Remember this?

biggest question that I have though is: Will a motion to prevent her leaving the state with my daughter come by Friday if I filed it today?

What do you think a motion means? It means a hearing.

THIS is why you don't have a shot. You NEED an attorney, desperately.

pleaseassist

Huh? According to your FIRST post, that is the biggest thing you want to do. Remember this?

What do you think a motion means? It means a hearing.

THIS is why you don't have a shot. You NEED an attorney, desperately.
Okay thanks for the information....
I wish that I could afford this attorney you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">