• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Prevent Removal and bribes with CS from custodial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

In Fl its standard not to leave a child with a caregiver for more than i think it's 6 hours without offering the time to the other parent first.

CO - hence the marijuana shop her husband wants to open.
Please show us the FL Code section to support your claim.

Pot shop: that's a mega-money-making business. :cool:

pleaseassist

So, you're dropping the "I don't know" act now? (Post #54.)

At what point, ever, will you grasp that you took your sweet time (NINE YEARS!!) "getting ready" for your child, who was already born, already growing up, already needing food and housing and her parents? :rolleyes:
Pointing fingers without knowing the full truth is kind of rude...

I was very young and so was she, I've actually moved out and gotten jobs that have promoted me and gone to college. The mother has not progressed at all. She is literally in the same position she has been for her whole life. Why is it your duty to try and discourage me ma'am/sir? :confused:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

I was very young and so was she, I've actually moved out and gotten jobs that have promoted me and gone to college. The mother has not progressed at all. She is literally in the same position she has been for her whole life. Why is it your duty to try and discourage me ma'am/sir? :confused:
Because your chances of success are slim to none and Slim just left the town limits. :cool:

pleaseassist

http://cordellcordell.com/resources/florida/florida-child-custody-questions/

Florida refers to a shared joint child custody arrangement as time-sharing. Time-sharing is a type of visitation where one parent is awarded physical custody of a child while the other parent is awarded generous visitation. Florida family courts prefer a shared custody arrangement that allows both parents to enjoy liberal time with a child.

So you're saying I'm stuck with every other weekend, but this says that I'm entitled to GENEROUS visitation. I would be happy with 40% but nothing less. It would only be a matter of time until she proved that she wouldn't even be around for her 60% and I would probably be awarded more. I'm just sick of waiting for the proof to slowly roll in through emails sent through anger and angst from her family and friends and mostly herself.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was 20 when my oldest was born. I was 24 when my youngest was born. I was also 24 when I received full legal and physical custody of all three of them. The whole "I was young" bit doesn't fly with me. Kids either make you grow up or...well, ya know.

torimac

Mom has progressed in that she took care of the child. Parenting is not a part time gig. College or even employment is not required. While I don't think you should be discouraged from being an active parent in the future, you should stop trying to blame your lack of parenting on anything other than your choices made as an adult. You chose not to be that active. Now, when the child is older and about to move away, it has become an issue for you.

Seniors, does he have options if Mom does leave child with Grandma and move to CO? I have read a few responses in the past regarding this, but as I don't know the laws in his state, I was wondering.

Silverplum

http://cordellcordell.com/resources/florida/florida-child-custody-questions/

Florida refers to a shared joint child custody arrangement as time-sharing. Time-sharing is a type of visitation where one parent is awarded physical custody of a child while the other parent is awarded generous visitation. Florida family courts prefer a shared custody arrangement that allows both parents to enjoy liberal time with a child.

So you're saying I'm stuck with every other weekend, but this says that I'm entitled to GENEROUS visitation. I would be happy with 40% but nothing less. It would only be a matter of time until she proved that she wouldn't even be around for her 60% and I would probably be awarded more. I'm just sick of waiting for the proof to slowly roll in through emails sent through anger and angst from her family and friends and mostly herself.
That's not law. That's a fathers-specialty lawyer blog.

Nowhere does it say "entitled." You're making stuff up.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
From the OP's own link:

When can I modify custody?

Parents can petition to modify the parenting plan at any time with a showing that there has been a material, unanticipated substantial change in circumstances from the date the parenting plan was ordered and the requested modification is the best interests of the children.

At this point, there has been NO CoC in the child's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">