+ Reply to Thread
    2parents is offline Junior Member

Motion for Reconsideration

GEORGIA

A final order in my custody case was signed on July 6, 2009. How many days does the other party have from the date of the signed order to file a Motion for Reconsideration. Someone told me it is 10 days and I see that is the rule in the Court of Appeals for GA, but cannot find the 'rule' in the Uniform Superior Court Rules. Is it really 10 days?

Thank you in advance.
    LdiJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2parents View Post
    GEORGIA

A final order in my custody case was signed on July 6, 2009. How many days does the other party have from the date of the signed order to file a Motion for Reconsideration. Someone told me it is 10 days and I see that is the rule in the Court of Appeals for GA, but cannot find the 'rule' in the Uniform Superior Court Rules. Is it really 10 days?

Thank you in advance.
    I cannot tell you for certain for GA, but in most states its much longer than 10 days.

I will also tell you that motions for reconsideration are routinely denied by judges...but its often a first step towards filing an appeal.
    2parents is offline Junior Member
    I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer this for me. As I stated, I know the GA Appellate Court rules state it is 10 days, but this case is in Superior Civil. Are the Reconsideration rules the same there?