• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for Reconsideration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2parents

GEORGIA

A final order in my custody case was signed on July 6, 2009. How many days does the other party have from the date of the signed order to file a Motion for Reconsideration. Someone told me it is 10 days and I see that is the rule in the Court of Appeals for GA, but cannot find the 'rule' in the Uniform Superior Court Rules. Is it really 10 days?

Thank you in advance.

LdiJ

GEORGIA

A final order in my custody case was signed on July 6, 2009. How many days does the other party have from the date of the signed order to file a Motion for Reconsideration. Someone told me it is 10 days and I see that is the rule in the Court of Appeals for GA, but cannot find the 'rule' in the Uniform Superior Court Rules. Is it really 10 days?

Thank you in advance.
I cannot tell you for certain for GA, but in most states its much longer than 10 days.

I will also tell you that motions for reconsideration are routinely denied by judges...but its often a first step towards filing an appeal.

2parents

I would really appreciate it if anyone can answer this for me. As I stated, I know the GA Appellate Court rules state it is 10 days, but this case is in Superior Civil. Are the Reconsideration rules the same there?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">