• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for Referral to General Master?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devmazz

What is the name of your state? Florida

sort of a repost (just the info) with a new question..​

My husband and his ex-wife are in the middle of a custody dispute regarding their 3 minor children. Right now she has primary physical residence and they both have shared parental responsibility.

Their mother has recently remarried and has moved the children out of the county and the court's jurisdiction. One of the problems with this is that she moved DURING the custody battle without prior notice, as she is required to do per Florida Statutes 61.13001. Contempt of Court papers have been filed by the father regarding this, and to date her only response was a notice of change of address filed 12 days after the contempt papers were filed. (an admission of guilt?)

My question is: Can a Motion for Referral to General Master be filed in this case since there are pending contempt charges? I know that going before the General Master usually speeds things up a bit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">