• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motions filed after final custody hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lillysanders121

I live in the state of Georgia. My children's father, the plaintiff filed for legitimation and it was granted. He then , filed for custody and was awarded temporary custody.(I was unaware of what was going on based on my own ignorance of the law, I did not show up to court , and I pretty much lost by default.) A Guardian ad litem was appointed and she favored me (the Defendant) instead of the Plaintiff. We went to court and we were awarded joint legal custody, and he has visitation and I have primary physical custody of the children. My childrens father also has to pay child support. The case has been over for almost a month and The Plaintiff has not paid child support but has filed a motion for reconsideration of judgment and a motion for a new trial . The court docket now says rule Nisi Court room A. I do not understand what's going on here or what's about to happen. Can someone please explains?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in the state of Georgia. My children's father, the plaintiff filed for legitimation and it was granted. He then , filed for custody and was awarded temporary custody.(I was unaware of what was going on based on my own ignorance of the law, I did not show up to court , and I pretty much lost by default.) A Guardian ad litem was appointed and she favored me (the Defendant) instead of the Plaintiff. We went to court and we were awarded joint legal custody, and he has visitation and I have primary physical custody of the children. My childrens father also has to pay child support. The case has been over for almost a month and The Plaintiff has not paid child support but has filed a motion for reconsideration of judgment and a motion for a new trial . The court docket now says rule Nisi Court room A. I do not understand what's going on here or what's about to happen. Can someone please explains?
You need to get an attorney - really.

lillysanders121

I had a lawyer but this is post final hearing
I specifically asked what something means and whats about to happen. I did not ask for your personal opinion.

mommyanme

I specifically asked what something means and whats about to happen. I did not ask for your personal opinion.
I'll be nice, Zigner is right, you NEED an attorney to respond before you lose your child because you don't know what your doing and by your response, you won't bother to learn.

Just Blue

Then pay your old attorney to explain what it means...S/he will do so without "personal opinions". For a price.

You might also want to buy a book on basic manners. You are in desperate need of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">