• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving Out Of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MamaK16

You are choosing for your fiance to have a job he likes more and a location you prefer to live in over your child's relationship with Dad. Since custody can change, are you willing to live with the proposal you are making to Dad? And, why should he take 10 hours out of each visit to drive; you are a SAHM so you lose far less if you do all of the transportation.
Since the day I left him and filed for divorce, I have helped their relationship along by going out of my own way for him to see his children more, video chatting with them, etc when it wasn't a thought in his mind for anything extra beyond what the papers stated for him. It's hard for the entire background to be protested through text. But, it's not just about a job he likes more. It's the same job, but greater pay and benefits, and where we'd ultimately like to settle down permanently anyways. Families do move for these reasons everyday. I just wasn't sure how the process went legally.

I Have several different ways of offering and working through this with him to make it work for everyone. I've been brainstorming and presented it a little today. I'll also speak to an attorney. I appreciate all of the advice and suggestions here. Thanks!

Proserpina

Since the day I left him and filed for divorce, I have helped their relationship along by going out of my own way for him to see his children more, video chatting with them, etc when it wasn't a thought in his mind for anything extra beyond what the papers stated for him. It's hard for the entire background to be protested through text. But, it's not just about a job he likes more. It's the same job, but greater pay and benefits, and where we'd ultimately like to settle down permanently anyways. Families do move for these reasons everyday. I just wasn't sure how the process went legally.

I Have several different ways of offering and working through this with him to make it work for everyone. I've been brainstorming and presented it a little today. I'll also speak to an attorney. I appreciate all of the advice and suggestions here. Thanks!
Families do move every day, that's quite true. But there are two families to consider in this situation - not just yours. Keep up the good communication though, because you do seem quite willing to facilitate their relationship and that's never a bad thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">