• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving with temp orders??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJane

Manda - just a sort of "new user" tip...

You can click on a user's name in a thread, choose the "View Profile" option, and then look at the menu bar on the left hand side. There will be an option to add that member to your ignore list. If you click that, and then confirm when asked, you won't be able to see any posts at all from that user. Sometimes, it can be a sanity saver.

Proserpina

So you offered him longer visits while still believing he molested your older two children? Really? I am missing that logic. He is a horrible danger but let's give him MORE time. :confused:

Valid point.

I want to look at the timeline though because some things are looking a bit murky, and if nothing else I'm good at eating crow when necessary.

Child is 19 months old?

So at the last hearing, in January, Dad got two hours supervised EOW and had not yet been indicted - right?

The next hearing is July, presumably after Dad is indicted (or not).

When was Mom's husband notified about the possible relocation?

What kind of access did he have before January?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
SUPERVISED visits. Maybe to show she's NOT trying to thwart his relationship with the child while the case is ongoing? But she can't win for losing on that one. She's either the spawn of satan because she wants to LET HIM terminate his rights like he OFFERED, or she's the spawn of satan because she's willing to extend the amount of SUPERVISED time he's allowed with the child. And either way, she's the spawn of satan for ALLOWING her children to be molested by her HUSBAND.
I don't think she's the spawn of anything. So please don't blame me for someone else's opinion. I just find it odd, supervised or not.

Mom already posted that her husband was military. I suspect they've moved a few times. Big deal. The father of the older children clearly didn't have an issue with it. We're NOT military and I moved the kids 4 times in the first 5 years after my divorce.
I missed that her current husband is military. Mea culpa. But a court may look more closely had her desire to move out of state if there is a history of bouncing around, if it is recent. Or not. Just something to consider.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't think she's the spawn of anything. So please don't blame me for someone else's opinion. I just find it odd, supervised or not.

I missed that her current husband is military. Mea culpa. But a court may look more closely had her desire to move out of state if there is a history of bouncing around, if it is recent. Or not. Just something to consider.
There is also the issue that she hasn't been married to her current husband that long. In addition, the children are ages 5 and 9. Father of the baby may not be found guilty due to the fact that the children would have to be found competent to testify. And I didn't blame her for the molestation. There are issues with what she is saying throughout this thread.

Proserpina

*I* missed hubby being military, too.

Mom is married to Military guy and they're going to move.
Dad ONLY has 4 hours of supervised visitation/month, and it would appear he was lucky to get that.
Mom is offering him more supervised time.
Would that not be the complete antithesis of " pathetic " ?

Mom + move children away = pathetic

Mom + children stay where she is = pathetic

Anyone care to provide Mom with another option?

No?

Good. BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ONE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's MOM'S FAULT that her children were molested? For real?
A) There are only allegations -- we don't know that the children were molested.
B) Look at the timeline:
Custody proceedings were started before any allegations were made, it went to court 2 weeks after he was arrested, and the last court date was this Jan.
C) He has NOT been indicted yet he was apparently arrested many months ago. It doesn't take that long to indict after an arrest UNLESS there are severe issues with actually having evidence.
D) Mom is willing to give dad more time if she can move with new hubby.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Okay - I have just gone back through the whole thread, and do not see where OP posts that current hubby is military or that this is a military move. Could someone please point that post out for me? Thanks!

Proserpina

Okay - I have just gone back through the whole thread, and do not see where OP posts that current hubby is military or that this is a military move. Could someone please point that post out for me? Thanks!

I've been up too long and the lactulose hasn't kicked in yet.

Sorry.

Mom, go speak to a local attorney.

CJane

That's because no one said that. Dad 1 is military. I originally read it as Dad 2. Never said anything about husband.

Still doesn't matter if she's moved 27 times. Dad 1 doesn't mind. Probably because HE is military.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That's because no one said that. Dad 1 is military. I originally read it as Dad 2. Never said anything about husband.

Still doesn't matter if she's moved 27 times. Dad 1 doesn't mind. Probably because HE is military.
Ok - I got that Dad 2 was military. Just trying to clarify it all, 'cause it's not clear to me.

Manda83

Ok, apparently all the posting about non-relevant things are getting in the way and making this way more difficult than it is, so I'll try to clear it up a little.

I was married to the older 2 childrens dad. We were military. Last duty station was Ft. Sam in Texas. After our divorce, I moved to Kansas. A few years ago, I moved back to Texas, met the 19mo olds father. We dated for a little over a year. In that time, we had the baby. We stopped living together but were still dating right after the baby was born (there were issues in relationship about what constituted cheating and what didnt. Apparently, an online affair was not cheating to him, but it was to me.) We agreed to start custody and child support proceedings to protect BOTH of us, as we were not married, and had seen numerous friends get screwed because of a lack of any agreement. We were going to counseling and working those issues out when my older children accused him molestation. I cut off all ties right then and there, even with his baby, as was ordered by child protective services. Up until that point, he was seeing the child every week. Baby was 3 months old when the allegations came up. Police report was filed in November of 2012, investigation was not even closed until Feb. and sent to the DA for prosecution until March of 2013. DA did not receive all the evidence until June of 2013. Unfortunately. the county we are in is backlogged when it comes to cases being presented to the grand jury, and there was a huge capital murder case in there as well. I keep in contact with the DA, and have been told that it is scheduled to go this month, as they have finally gotten somewhat caught up. Now, right after CPS closed their case, our custody went to court (April 2013). At that time, he was given 1 hour of supervised visitation every other week and it was made temporary because of the pending criminal charges. My husband and I started dating at that time. In August, we got married. He is NOT military, he worked for the State, which is how we met and became friends many years ago. Was it quick, yes. We went back to court in October, and again in January (2014), and it goes to a final hearing in July. Because the criminal case had not gone to indictment yet, the orders remained temporary. His visits did get upped to 2 hours though. Yes, I offered to up the visits, not IF we can move, but when we move, simply because I know that it will be difficult for either one of us to make that kind of trip every other weekend. This move puts us 8 hours away, and he has a newborn.

Clear things up a little??
This time can we keep the questions relevant to my question please. I get it, some of you think that I have horrible judgement or that what I did/offered was stupid, or that I didnt protect my other kids. Thanks for making me feel ****tier than I already feel about the situation. I am simply trying to do whats right for ALL of my children. While I dont agree with him getting visitation, I understand that he is innocent until proven guilty, and am doing my best to follow what the courts deemed appropriate.

Last edited:

Manda83

This is from Houston; "The UCCJEA has several important provisions for parents who are divorced and live in separate states. A Houston child visitation rights attorney can explain how these important provisions apply to you:

That should get you started on searching Texas Laws on moving
Thank you for the links. I will be looking into them more before going to the appointments.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ok, apparently all the posting about non-relevant things are getting in the way and making this way more difficult than it is, so I'll try to clear it up a little.

I was married to the older 2 childrens dad. We were military. Last duty station was Ft. Sam in Texas. After our divorce, I moved to Kansas. A few years ago, I moved back to Texas, met the 19mo olds father. We dated for a little over a year. In that time, we had the baby. We stopped living together but were still dating right after the baby was born (there were issues in relationship about what constituted cheating and what didnt. Apparently, an online affair was not cheating to him, but it was to me.) We agreed to start custody and child support proceedings to protect BOTH of us, as we were not married, and had seen numerous friends get screwed because of a lack of any agreement. We were going to counseling and working those issues out when my older children accused him molestation. I cut off all ties right then and there, even with his baby, as was ordered by child protective services. Up until that point, he was seeing the child every week. Baby was 3 months old when the allegations came up. Police report was filed in November of 2012, investigation was not even closed until Feb. and sent to the DA for prosecution until March of 2013. DA did not receive all the evidence until June of 2013. Unfortunately. the county we are in is backlogged when it comes to cases being presented to the grand jury, and there was a huge capital murder case in there as well. I keep in contact with the DA, and have been told that it is scheduled to go this month, as they have finally gotten somewhat caught up. Now, right after CPS closed their case, our custody went to court (April 2013). At that time, he was given 1 hour of supervised visitation every other week and it was made temporary because of the pending criminal charges. My husband and I started dating at that time. In August, we got married. He is NOT military, he worked for the State, which is how we met and became friends many years ago. Was it quick, yes. We went back to court in October, and again in January (2014), and it goes to a final hearing in July. Because the criminal case had not gone to indictment yet, the orders remained temporary. His visits did get upped to 2 hours though. Yes, I offered to up the visits, not IF we can move, but when we move, simply because I know that it will be difficult for either one of us to make that kind of trip every other weekend. This move puts us 8 hours away, and he has a newborn.

Clear things up a little??
This time can we keep the questions relevant to my question please. I get it, some of you think that I have horrible judgement or that what I did/offered was stupid, or that I didnt protect my other kids. Thanks for making me feel ****tier than I already feel about the situation. I am simply trying to do whats right for ALL of my children. While I dont agree with him getting visitation, I understand that he is innocent until proven guilty, and am doing my best to follow what the courts deemed appropriate.
Thank you for clarifying for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">