• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MS:violation of divorce papers/visitation rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

memfischick

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I was looking over my boyfriend's divorce papers last night. He has not seen his son since March, when the divorce was final. The papers state that he is supposed to have the 2nd and 4th Saturdays for at least 4 hours of supervised visitation. It is stated that his exwife will supervise unless she is unable to make a scheduled visitation and then a suitable superviser will be there.

Shortly after the divorce was final, she sent him a letter stating that her friend would be supervising the visitations at her house. His exwife had a restraining order out against this friend when they first began dating. In my opinion, that would make her not suitable.

His ex has changed her number and won't give it to him, stating that he called too much (once a week) and his only way to communicate is with her friend. This friend cusses him and berates him on the phone and in person, so that is not a good atmosphere for the visitation to take place.

We cannot afford a lawyer right now and I am just wondering what we can do to force visitation? She is in contempt of the divorce decree.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

T

tigger2two

For starters your boyfriend NEEDS and attorney. Anything that has to do with your children is worth coming up with the money for an attorney when you need to go back to court.

And aparently whatever reason your bfs ex dropped the restraining order against the friend for (since you really didn't give any detail on much) must have been a decision that the ex felt comfortable with. If the court said his ex gets to choose who supervises the visits then your ex nor you have any say so in the matter. Unless your ex goes back to court. Which would obviously require an attorney.

A

adonahee

Why don't you let your BF handle this...

If he's not seen his child since March, he should file contempt charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">