• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 13 Yr old doesn't want to visit his Father!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SRinTexas

My son has always went for regular visits with his dad. He can't stand going over to his house. He has tried everything from talking to him, staying in his room and now one more time talking to him. Guess what that got him -- His dad wipped him for telling him he doesn't want to come over to his house. (A 13 year old) Help me! If anyone has any help for me I would greatly appreciate it.

M

mytearsofjoy

Child Protective Services

If I were you I would call CPS and at least get it on record than go to court on a motion to have his visitations supervised and have him go to anger managment or some simlar treatment. No 13 year old should ever have to face that sort of humility!

L

lcollins

Your child may be old enough to have a say in whether he goes or not. I didn't see what state you're in, but I would check the ages that children may decide where they want to go. File for a modification of visitation in the least. No 13 year old should be whipped for expressing his feeling, no wonder poor kid doesn't want to go. Who could blame him. I would seriously consider calling Child Protective Services on him and get the incident recorded. Later on, you may not be able to tell a judge because it may be considered he said, she said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">