• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My EX is giving false information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I am getting ready for a child support modification hearing in January and I just recieved the domestic relations affidavit that she filed out on Nov 5 and in a previous letter that I got from my lawyer was her W2`s and one pay check stub from September. I remembered that my daughter mentioned to me that her mom (my ex) got a new job and my daughter told me this before November 5. Are there any reccomendations on this issue that anyone can give me advice on. She is giving false information on a legal document. I would like to know her current pay and her employer so I can get a better idea of what I will expect at court. Because as of today she has not notified my lawyer or myself of her new employer. She doesn`t even know I know she doesn`t work for the company she listed on her DRA. I called to speak with her and they told me she no longer works there and that she hasn`t for awhile. What should I do. I really don`t want to wai til court to burst out this information because I don`t want them to continue it to get the discovery documents such as pay check stubs and what not.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I am getting ready for a child support modification hearing in January and I just recieved the domestic relations affidavit that she filed out on Nov 5 and in a previous letter that I got from my lawyer was her W2`s and one pay check stub from September. I remembered that my daughter mentioned to me that her mom (my ex) got a new job and my daughter told me this before November 5. Are there any reccomendations on this issue that anyone can give me advice on. She is giving false information on a legal document. I would like to know her current pay and her employer so I can get a better idea of what I will expect at court. Because as of today she has not notified my lawyer or myself of her new employer. She doesn`t even know I know she doesn`t work for the company she listed on her DRA. I called to speak with her and they told me she no longer works there and that she hasn`t for awhile. What should I do. I really don`t want to wai til court to burst out this information because I don`t want them to continue it to get the discovery documents such as pay check stubs and what not.
when did mom change jobs? and what does it matter to you where she works?

you still will be paying child support.

when did mom change jobs? and what does it matter to you where she works?

you still will be paying child support.
Yes it does matter to me because to me I feel that if I have to reprot if my income or employment changes then so does she and there should be no slack. She reported on her DRA that she is part time and I would like to know if that still remains at her new job. I know I still have to pay child support as I always have but her changing jobs means that her salary might have changed and I would like to know that so I can inform my lawyer so he can get more of a precise calculation of how much child support will be.

LdiJ

You might want to google an online child support calculator for KS and play with the numbers.

I went to one and imputed 3000.00 a month for the ncp, and 1000, and then 2000 a month for the CP. I only got a 10 dollar difference between the two CS calculations.

The first one was 350.00 a month and the second one was 340.00 a month. Of course I didn't include daycare or health insurance or any of the other factors that go into a calculation. I just wanted to see how much difference the cp's income made.

Anyway, if you play with the numbers and see what kind of a difference is possible, it will help you decide how much to effort to put into getting mom's correct income information.

You might want to google an online child support calculator for KS and play with the numbers.

I went to one and imputed 3000.00 a month for the ncp, and 1000, and then 2000 a month for the CP. I only got a 10 dollar difference between the two CS calculations.

The first one was 350.00 a month and the second one was 340.00 a month. Of course I didn't include daycare or health insurance or any of the other factors that go into a calculation. I just wanted to see how much difference the cp's income made.

Anyway, if you play with the numbers and see what kind of a difference is possible, it will help you decide how much to effort to put into getting mom's correct income information.
Thank you so much for your time. I just didn't want to walk into court and her say that she still has the same job in which she doesn't. Should I tell my lawyer and have him ask her lawyer?

LdiJ

Thank you so much for your time. I just didn't want to walk into court and her say that she still has the same job in which she doesn't. Should I tell my lawyer and have him ask her lawyer?
You can if you want...but again, I would recommend that you do as I suggested first. Its going to cost you money to have your attorney talk to her attorney, and it may not be worth it.

If your attorney costs 350.00 an hour and spends 2 hours fighting it out to get mom's correct income information...but it only saves you 10.00 month, its going to take you 70 months just to recoup what you paid your attorney. That's almost 6 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">