• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my husband children are moving to another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marthaf324

What is the name of your state?
New York

My husband's ex-wife remarried & is moving to another state. My husband had a long battle in court trying to prevented them from leaving the state. He lost & now on 07/03 they are leaving. We were living in a 2 bedroom apartment & he needed more space for his children for whenever they visited (every 2 weeks) according to the jugde. My husband had to move to another apartment to show the court that he was able to provide a better enviroment for his children. The children express to the court their desired to stay in NY. My relationship with my husband have suffered a great deal, we had to live in different apartment just to show the court system that he was capable of giving his children a better life. He has always been an excellent provider and loving father. What are the chances of them returning back to NY? What can he do to show the court that they are better off in NY. This woman have utilized the court system to her aadventage.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If a judge has ordered that she can move and take the children, there is little your husband can do at this point. Hopefully there is a modified visitation schedule which takes the distance into account, and requires his ex to pay for the transportation.

M

marthaf324

They are suppost to stay until Christmmas to see if they can adjust and if they have then they will stay there permanetly. What I don't understand is that his children told the judge and the lawyers that they didn't wanted to move to Iowa, that they wanted to stay near their father and family. He can go once a month to see them and his ex-wife have to pay for the transportation and they can come during the holidays and vacation. but until yesterday they were crying because they were leaving their father behind. My husband has a very close relationship with his children and is sad to see how can the court system break up such a warm relationship just because his ex-wife got remarried and wanted to move out of state. This separation is going to hurt this children a lot more that everyone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">