• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights as Daddy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJAET24

What is the name of your state? Texas

I just recently found out that my fiancee's ex girlfriend might be pregnant with his child, but once she found out he knew she says that it isn't his. Do we need a lawyer or is there another way to determine paternity with out the courts being involved? We are pretty sure that she will deny his right to find out.

fairisfair

we don't need anything. He does.

there are lots of ways to determine paternity without the court being involved. Google paternity testing.
They aren't accepted by the court as establishment of paternity and no, you can't force her to do anything, barring a court order.

CJane

Just to satisfy my morbid curiosity... how long has he been broken up with this pregnant girl, and how long have you been dating/been engaged?

CJAET24

They've been split up for 2 months, he just recently found out about the pregnancy, and we have been enganged ever since they split up. We've known each other for about a year and have dated before but split up. We decided to give it another go.

fairisfair

oh, you just gotta love the game of life. spin that wheel.

Yes, he most likely needs an attorney, unless he is capable of going pro se.

He will need to establish paternity, and if it is his, child support and then petition for some form of custody and parenting time.

Shay-Pari'e

Has anyone checked out her other threads? Here is her profile also,**************Married? Housewife?
Biography:
married, living w/mother
Interests:
horses, family, movies and travel
house wife

CJAET24

I had no clue until just now that they were dating when I contacted him, so it is just as much a shock to me hunny.

CJAET24

I will be married in 3 months. That is my profile anwhere in a normal chat room so I don't get confused with the single women,

fairisfair

LOL good one. He likes hearing me say that, it makes him feel secure. ;) :D
Yeah, well, judging by his revolving girlfriend door, he is all about security. :p

Seriously, unless you are some kind of fruitcake, or enjoy the drama, you need to slow things WAY down.

CJane

So, I have to ask... are YOU pregnant?

If I can just give you my personal, honest and not exactly 'legal' opinion...

Take Fair's advice and slow it way down. If you're considering a legal battle with your ex over the kids you left with him, and there's a possible pending legal battle w/this VERY RECENT ex of his ... maybe a marriage really isn't the best thing for you to be hopping into right now.

I know you're not going to listen to me, because you're in lurrrrrve... but man, it's just destined for a bad ending. Really.

CJAET24

You know what Thank you . . . . I can't even get my own mother to talk to me like that and she is my best friend. I appreciate that. This advice thing is more than I expected it to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">