• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My rights vs dhs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vinniepearl

Iowa.

Hello,

My girlfriend previously lost a daughter to sids, according to her because of this DHS is able to come at any point in time to inspect living conditions and children.

I now have an 11 mo. old with her and also a 5 yr old son. I'll start out by saying I'm a very protective individual and feel I have a right to privacy.

Beings the 4th amendment is pretty much worthless now what I would like to know is what do they and don't they have a right to do?

Thanks,
Tim

Proserpina

Iowa.

Hello,

My girlfriend previously lost a daughter to sids, according to her because of this DHS is able to come at any point in time to inspect living conditions and children.

I now have an 11 mo. old with her and also a 5 yr old son. I'll start out by saying I'm a very protective individual and feel I have a right to privacy.

Beings the 4th amendment is pretty much worthless now what I would like to know is what do they and don't they have a right to do?

Thanks,
Tim

Why were DHS involved?

Did you ask her that?

vinniepearl

Why were DHS involved?

Did you ask her that?
I was told the reason that DHS is still involved is because they could not find the cause of death. She had small traces of cocaine in her system. My GF and everyone else in the house was tested for it and no one tested positive. At the time of the incident the neighbor that lived below her performed cpr on her and he was a user of cocaine. That day she had a checkup with blood work done which turned up clean. After she passed away which was later that night they did more blood work and found the traces of cocaine. So the reasoning they are able to perform routine checkups are because it's still an open case with an unknown perpetrator.

With this said I understand why they are still around but my question is what are they they allowed to do in my home?

Thanks

Gail in Georgia

"I was told the reason that DHS is still involved is because they could not find the cause of death. She had small traces of cocaine in her system. My GF and everyone else in the house was tested for it and no one tested positive. At the time of the incident the neighbor that lived below her performed cpr on her and he was a user of cocaine. That day she had a checkup with blood work done which turned up clean. After she passed away which was later that night they did more blood work and found the traces of cocaine. So the reasoning they are able to perform routine checkups are because it's still an open case with an unknown perpetrator."

Quite skeptical. Well baby/child check ups do not include drug screens.

The supposed cocaine user would not have passed this drug into this childs blood simply by performing CPR on her.

Gail

CSO286

I was told the reason that DHS is still involved is because they could not find the cause of death. She had small traces of cocaine in her system. My GF and everyone else in the house was tested for it and no one tested positive. At the time of the incident the neighbor that lived below her performed cpr on her and he was a user of cocaine. That day she had a checkup with blood work done which turned up clean. After she passed away which was later that night they did more blood work and found the traces of cocaine. So the reasoning they are able to perform routine checkups are because it's still an open case with an unknown perpetrator.

With this said I understand why they are still around but my question is what are they they allowed to do in my home?

Thanks

With all due respect, then you were not TOLD the whole story.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If there is an open DHS case on your girlfriend and her children/child and you decide not to cooperate, watch your children be removed.

CSO286

Oh, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is a cause of death.

Not all parents of infants who die from SIDS are subject to unending random CPS checks forever and ever.

:rolleyes:

You chose to have a child with a woman whose previous child died under suspect circumstances (and I believe you do not have the whole story) and DHS would be the wrong ones by invading your privacy to ensure that your child isn't at risk for a similar fate? Really? DHS is your concern? Your privacy is your concern? Not the fact that your girlfriend's baby died under suspect circumstances and had cocaine in her system??

Isis1

Thanks
you're girlfriend lied to you about something. it's either you have small traces of cocaine or you test negative. that's like being pregnant and not pregnant at the same time in the same human.

the baby had traces of cocaine. why did you have a child with this woman?

Oh, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is a cause of death.

Not all parents of infants who die from SIDS are subject to unending random CPS checks forever and ever.

:rolleyes:
Exactly! One of my clients and friends lost one of their infant twins to SIDS and I can tell you they are not subject to ongoing child welfare checks. The baby had an autopsy, it was determined to be SIDS and the case was closed. End of story.

Something seriously stinks with this story. Is the mother of your 11 month old the one who lost the baby, or does the 11 month old have a different mother?

Either way, cooperating with CPS would be in your best interest.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Exactly! One of my clients and friends lost one of their infant twins to SIDS and I can tell you they are not subject to ongoing child welfare checks. The baby had an autopsy, it was determined to be SIDS and the case was closed. End of story.

Something seriously stinks with this story. Is the mother of your 11 month old the one who lost the baby, or does the 11 month old have a different mother?

Either way, cooperating with CPS would be in your best interest.
I think it's the 5yo with a different mother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">