• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Son wants to live with me. How do I make it happen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SINGLE DAD 1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Massachusetts. I have been divorced for two years. I have a house around the corner from their moms house. I have 3 children. My 14year old boy wants to live with me. He has lived here for two weeks now. I still pay full custody. Will the Judge allow this? How do I start the process ? How do I get custody fixed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Massachusetts. I have been divorced for two years. I have a house around the corner from their moms house. I have 3 children. My 14year old boy wants to live with me. He has lived here for two weeks now. I still pay full custody. Will the Judge allow this? How do I start the process ? How do I get custody fixed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
first question. what does mom say about this?

eta: was this two years ago divorce with the mom of the 14 year old?

Proserpina

The mom does not want him to live with me.. Yes over two years divorced

You need a change in circumstance.

He's been with you two weeks - if Mom wants him back, he goes back to Mom. Period. Even if.

If you keep him past your court-ordered parenting time, you can get into quite a bit of trouble.

And if custody isn't already established, Mom has status quo on her side anyway.

So - what's the CoC?

Isis1

The mom does not want him to live with me.. Yes over two years divorced
then you'll need a change of circumstance. such as mom is unfit. is the child clothed? fed? medically cared for? educationally provided for? if you answer yes to all of those questions, there is no change of circumstance.

and the child being with you for two weeks this summer is NOT a change of custody.

and since you live so close to mom, i'd count on 50/50 custody much better than full custody. and 50/50 is granted when mom AND dad work together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">