• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife is in contempt of temporary order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

livingthedream1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga
We have a temporary custody order stating that we ARE NOT suppose to have any overnight guests unless friends of the children from school or family members stay in our homes. She had an affair resulting in the divorce. My oldest daughter (13) told me over the weekend that her boyfriend has been there 1 to 2 nights a week for a while now. What is the likelihood that I can have her temporary custody of my girls revoked and me gain custody of them since she blatantly disobeyed a court order and defied the judge?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga
We have a temporary custody order stating that we ARE NOT suppose to have any overnight guests unless friends of the children from school or family members stay in our homes. She had an affair resulting in the divorce. My oldest daughter (13) told me over the weekend that her boyfriend has been there 1 to 2 nights a week for a while now. What is the likelihood that I can have her temporary custody of my girls revoked and me gain custody of them since she blatantly disobeyed a court order and defied the judge?
Prove that boyfriend is there without bringing your daughter into it. Can you? File a motion to show cause against your wife.

CJane

Prove that boyfriend is there without bringing your daughter into it. Can you? File a motion to show cause against your wife.
Also? Post the exact wording from your order.

What you've posted also means that friends from SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN SCHOOL would put either of you in contempt. No friends from church? Soccer? Etc?

No close family friends from out of town? Really?

ericcr

The likelihood of a court imposing sanctions for violation of a paramour clause is slim to none. You can however file a motion for contempt, which will result in a hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">