• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife and her Ex-Boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CPKunz

What is the name of your state? Illinois

my wife and her ex-boyfriend have shared custody of their 4 year old son. he gets him friday and returns him monday. little over two years ago, my wife and i moved about 100 miles away from the father. we continued the shared custody and met half way every friday and monday to drop off the child. their have been times when we have driven the boy all the way to his father's and times he has driven him all the way to our residence. sunday night he called my wife and told him that he was taking her to court for custody of the child. my question is this: he has a track record of girlfriends, he does make more money than we do, he threw my wife out of their apartment when he found she was pregnant, cheated on her whil she was pregnant, and the list could go on and on. if he does take us to court, can any of this be brought up? or would a judge more or less discard such things?

VeronicaGia

What the judge mostly cares about is who is the best parent of the child, not vengence. Stick to the legal issues of the custody case, not something that happened four or five years ago.

He can file for custody, but unless she is unfit, and he can prove it, custody will likely remain the way it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">