• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my wife over-stepping here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Mistakes

What is the name of your state? MS

My son (C) and my wife's daughter (M) are on the same T-Ball team. A couple of weeks ago, the coach called my wife and asked her to be "team mom" and help out with snacks, fund-raising, helping with the kids at games and practices, etc. Of course my wife said yes.

Just a got a happy-gram (email) from my ex. She called the T-Ball coach to check about game schedules for the month of April. She asked the coach if she needed any parent volunteers, and the coach told my ex, "No, C and M's mom is the team mom, and I think she's got it covered." :eek:

Now, when my wife initially talked to the coach and was asked about being "team mom", it was over the phone. My wife had never spoken to the coach prior. She was calling to find out about first practice. I was there when she called, and she specifically said that she was "M's mom and C's step-mom."

So anyways, my ex is now saying that she's going to take it to court and get an order prohibiting my wife from participating as "team mom." She states that since my wife and my son have the same last name, and my wife has the designation of "team mom" that everyone is going to think that my wife is C's mom. :rolleyes:

She says that my wife is over-stepping by particiapting in the T-Ball thing with our son. And I might agree with her if it was just our son on the team. BUT MY WIFE'S DAUGHTER IS ALSO ON THE TEAM. She's participating with her own child!

I'm pretty sure that her lastest snit has no legal merit, but just wanted to make sure.

fairisfair

You do know how absolutely ridiculous this is right?

then there's your answer.

If indeed this did somehow make it to court, please call. I would make a trip to see this one.

Oh, and tell your wife not to give crappy treats. that WOULD be illegal. ROTFLMAO

A tee shirt for your ex wife might be in order. something along the lines of:

Hey! hey! look, look at me, over here!! I am C's mom NOT HER. I need attention, I should have been team mom, I should be . . . . . oh wait, that won't all fit will it? unless she's kinda big.

Last edited:

2Mistakes

You do know how absolutely ridiculous this is right?

then there's your answer.

If indeed this did somehow make it to court, please call. I would make a trip to see this one.

Oh, and tell your wife not to give crappy treats. that WOULD be illegal. ROTFLMAO
Yes, I know how absolutely ridiculous this is. But, ya just never know, so I wanted to make sure everything is cool.

penelope10

What is the name of your state? MS

My son (C) and my wife's daughter (M) are on the same T-Ball team. A couple of weeks ago, the coach called my wife and asked her to be "team mom" and help out with snacks, fund-raising, helping with the kids at games and practices, etc. Of course my wife said yes.

Just a got a happy-gram (email) from my ex. She called the T-Ball coach to check about game schedules for the month of April. She asked the coach if she needed any parent volunteers, and the coach told my ex, "No, C and M's mom is the team mom, and I think she's got it covered." :eek:

Now, when my wife initially talked to the coach and was asked about being "team mom", it was over the phone. My wife had never spoken to the coach prior. She was calling to find out about first practice. I was there when she called, and she specifically said that she was "M's mom and C's step-mom."

So anyways, my ex is now saying that she's going to take it to court and get an order prohibiting my wife from participating as "team mom." She states that since my wife and my son have the same last name, and my wife has the designation of "team mom" that everyone is going to think that my wife is C's mom. :rolleyes:

She says that my wife is over-stepping by particiapting in the T-Ball thing with our son. And I might agree with her if it was just our son on the team. BUT MY WIFE'S DAUGHTER IS ALSO ON THE TEAM. She's participating with her own child!

I'm pretty sure that her lastest snit has no legal merit, but just wanted to make sure.
Frankly I think it was a bit insensitive on the coach's part if he knew that your son's Mom had called and wanted to help out. Her feelings are hurt and she is just blowing smoke right now. I don't think it has any legal merit....

My kids have played various sports and never had a team MOM. The coach came up with schedules on whose parents were to bring snacks and on what days.

Your ex's feelings are hurt due to the fact that the coach did not handle this well. She is taking this out on your wife which is not the mature thing to do. Does this have legal merit---no.

fairisfair

Frankly I think it was a bit insensitive on the coach's part if he knew that your son's Mom had called and wanted to help out. Her feelings are hurt and she is just blowing smoke right now. I don't think it has any legal merit....

My kids have played various sports and never had a team MOM. The coach came up with schedules on whose parents were to bring snacks and on what days.

Your ex's feelings are hurt due to the fact that the coach did not handle this well. She is taking this out on your wife which is not the mature thing to do. Does this have legal merit---no.
I would assume that is the duty of the team mom, scheduling the snacks. And not that it makes any difference, but he called the coach SHE. Why would the coach need to confuse things by trying to schedule a number of parents to do different duties. She already had delegated those responsibilities to someone.

His ex is being an immature idiot.

boo hoo on her hurt feelings. Last time I checked children's sports were for the children.

2Mistakes

2M...Have you spoken to your ex and explained that the coach totally mis-spoke?
No, I haven't responded. I'm trying this new "unless it's an emergency I'm going to wait 24 hours to respond" thing.

Maybe I should send a short response just explaining that I don't know why the coach said that wife is C's mom, that wife told the coach she is C's step-mom and M's mom.

The thing that kills me is that my ex is in WI until sometime next month, and won't be at any games or practices this month, so how could she help out?

But that's a whole 'nother issue and has nothing to do with this.

But it does raise another point. If she's in WI for a month, I wonder how she expects to file anything and even get a hearing before the season ends. It ends at the end of April. What a twit she is.

Just Blue

Bay will you be my team mom and bake me some brownies??

wait, let me get a team.;):D
I don't "do" brownies...yuck. Too sweet and they hurt my teeth.:eek:

I 'do' lemon squares...yummy...They are EXTRA good the way I make them!!

I am among the "baking challenged"...:( But what I do "do" is really yummy!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
boo hoo on her hurt feelings. Last time I checked children's sports were for the children.
Yeah, but... this is one of those easily fixed things that's not worth ANYONE getting in a snit about. 2M calls Mom, tells her that it was a misunderstanding, and asks how they can split snack duty to help Mom feel involved.

Easy-peasy.

Just Blue

No, I haven't responded. I'm trying this new "unless it's an emergency I'm going to wait 24 hours to respond" thing.

Maybe I should send a short response just explaining that I don't know why the coach said that wife is C's mom, that wife told the coach she is C's step-mom and M's mom.

The thing that kills me is that my ex is in WI until sometime next month, and won't be at any games or practices this month, so how could she help out?

But that's a whole 'nother issue and has nothing to do with this.

But it does raise another point. If she's in WI for a month, I wonder how she expects to file anything and even get a hearing before the season ends. It ends at the end of April. What a twit she is.
Devils advocate here!!

Perhaps she was freaked after speaking with the coach? He was totally out of line referring to your wife as the child's mother. I might be pissed as well...And I am NOT quick to get pissy over crap like that. But perhaps your ex think your wife is comporting herself as HER child mother?? Just a thought...Talk to her and explain the situation. Perhaps you can prevent a court action and spare you all some grief.

2Mistakes

OK, so here's what I'm thinking. And fogive me, but I'm a fixer. It's what I do. I live in a house with 4 females, and they always have some kind of crisis that needs fixing. :D

Anyways, I'm thinkng that I should email the ex and explain that I am very sorry that the coach is confused, but that neither I nor my wife have ever said that my wife is C's mom.

My wife has said that she would love to have some help with the whole "team mom" crap thing, so maybe I'll tell my ex that I know my wife would love to have her help and that I can have my wife email her if she wants.

Or maybe not. I don't know. My head hurts, so I'm not thinking real clearly here.

Maybe I should just ignore it completely and if she files something, so be it. I'll tell it to the judge.

fairisfair

Yeah, but... this is one of those easily fixed things that's not worth ANYONE getting in a snit about. 2M calls Mom, tells her that it was a misunderstanding, and asks how they can split snack duty to help Mom feel involved.

Easy-peasy.
I don't think ANYTHING about 2's ex is "easy peasy"

fairisfair

OK, so here's what I'm thinking. And fogive me, but I'm a fixer. It's what I do. I live in a house with 4 females, and they always have some kind of crisis that needs fixing. :D

Anyways, I'm thinkng that I should email the ex and explain that I am very sorry that the coach is confused, but that neither I nor my wife have ever said that my wife is C's mom.

My wife has said that she would love to have some help with the whole "team mom" crap thing, so maybe I'll tell my ex that I know my wife would love to have her help and that I can have my wife email her if she wants.

Or maybe not. I don't know. My head hurts, so I'm not thinking real clearly here.

Maybe I should just ignore it completely and if she files something, so be it. I'll tell it to the judge.
Bahahahaha!!! that'll go over like a lead balloon and you know it.

but it is the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">