• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife wont let me take our daughter on a trip with me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CHRISORTIZ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Recently I told my wife that i wanted to take my 1 1/2 year old daughter to Puerto Rico with me to visit my family my wife disagreed with me and told me that i couldnt take her. Is their some legal way that I can take my Daughter with me???/What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Recently I told my wife that i wanted to take my 1 1/2 year old daughter to Puerto Rico with me to visit my family my wife disagreed with me and told me that i couldnt take her. Is their some legal way that I can take my Daughter with me???/What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Are you in an intact marriage?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Unless there is a court order prohibiting you taking your daughter or restricting your time with her, you can take her.

CHRISORTIZ

We are still married but going thru bad times ever since my wife had an argument with my family back in Puerto Rico so know she doesnt want me to take to her to visit my family

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Do you wish to stay in an intact marriage? Because, I am pretty confident that if you DO take the child, you will be facing a divorce action upon your return...(or maybe sooner)

ETA: And, a part of that divorce action may, in fact, require that you return the child to the home state.

CJane

Do you wish to stay in an intact marriage? Because, I am pretty confident that if you DO take the child, you will be facing a divorce action upon your return...(or maybe sooner)

ETA: And, a part of that divorce action may, in fact, require that you return the child to the home state.
This, exactly.

LEGALLY, you can take your child anywhere you wish. As can Mom.

But I certainly hope you're willing and able to deal with the consequences for your actions.

Silverplum

This, exactly.

LEGALLY, you can take your child anywhere you wish. As can Mom.

But I certainly hope you're willing and able to deal with the consequences for your actions.
And I certainly hope MOM is willing and able to deal with the consequences for her actions.

Maybe she'll need to get a job. Maybe she'll need to find child care. Maybe she'll be trying to find herself a new man, because this one got tired of having her think she's in 100% control.

:rolleyes:

CJane

And I certainly hope MOM is willing and able to deal with the consequences for her actions.

Maybe she'll need to get a job. Maybe she'll need to find child care. Maybe she'll be trying to find herself a new man, because this one got tired of having her think she's in 100% control.

I didn't realize Mom was unemployed and didn't have child care. Thanks!

But ya know, Mom isn't HERE, and so I can't tell HER that I hope she's willing to deal with the consequences for her actions. Only Dad.

Maybe, since you obviously know Mom, you could pass that on to her though. Good advice!

Of course, you're not up to chastising Zigner for being the first to warn OP, because you're not upset and stomping your feet at him.

Silverplum

I didn't realize it would make you so very happy -- you're so welcome!

CJane said:
But ya know, Mom isn't HERE, and so I can't tell HER that I hope she's willing to deal with the consequences for her actions. Only Dad.
Sure.

CJane said:
Maybe, since you obviously know Mom, you could pass that on to her though. Good advice!
Who's having a tantrum?

Do you need more sleep? Do you need an aspirin?

CJane said:
Of course, you're not up to chastising Zigner for being the first to warn OP, because you're not upset and stomping your feet at him.
It would certainly seem somebody in here is stomping her footsies. :rolleyes:

Maybe a glass of warm milk would do the trick.

mistoffolees

What's up with SP, anyway? There seem to be a lot of tantrums and foot stomping going on.

Silverplum

What's up with SP, anyway? There seem to be a lot of tantrums and foot stomping going on.
"Seems to be"...whatever you think. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You're just upset because you don't know how to interview at a private school and don't know who wrote the book of Timothy.

And who are you asking about me?

Me? Or someone who doesn't know me at all?

mistoffolees

"Seems to be"...whatever you think. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: You're just upset because you don't know how to interview at a private school and don't know who wrote the book of Timothy.
As has become typical for you in the past few weeks, you're making things up that have no bearing on reality.

You were using a biblical argument to justify the action you thought someone should take. I simply pointed out that there are other parts of the bible that say just the opposite.

I guess the problem is that you think the book of Timothy is the whole Bible. :rolleyes:

And who are you asking about me?

Me? Or someone who doesn't know me at all?

We know something based on your 20,000 posts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">