• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name change issues getting it done.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SilentButDeadly

Good afternoon,

I'm in Dallas Texas and will have downloaded and filled out this name change kit here that has a petition and in order.

I have filled out everything and submitted both documents to the court however the attorney on the other side is purposely making things difficult for me even though the judge has already ordered none shall oppose the name change during our temporary hearing by emailing me back and telling me that I have some information wrong on the form and then when I correct it end serve him with papers via email he just doesn't respond.

I know I have to refile with the courts I'm guessing what I should do this time is just leave anything and everything that they need to fill out on their side blank instead of filling it out for them. But I have 2 questions my first question is do I file both the petition and the order or just the petition first and serve him with both documents? In this case when I file the petition with the court they won't be signed or have any information from their side just mine.

My other question would be if I leave all the information blank it's perfectly fine for her attorney to fill out and notarized that section for her correct?... As in I would not wait for her attorney to have to get her to sign.

At this point it's becoming frustrating and their attorney is making it difficult and it's just down to technicals at this point and I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I need to do and the process because apparently I'm doing this wrong and it's getting ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">