• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC Laws Regarding Drop-Off of Minor Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Buggaloo80

What is the name of your state? North Carolina CP lives in AL, but venue for case is still in NC

OK I need help, BLCM, Mama_tiger Someone help meeeee! OK I Googled and got no where, where can I look up and read about NC General Laws regarding if CP's husband is right in saying since it is not stated in CO that Minor Child can be dropped off to any adult. I kinda need a link or something to look at b4 July 10th will be fine....NCP has court date and so does CP in NC CP's husband, stated that NC law states that any adult can get the child, (we thought, well assumed it was always the CP) Can anyone verify/deny this Law????? Also, it says in NCP's CO "once the plaintiff relocates to AL it is the resp. of the defendant to deliver the minor child to the Defendant..." is that sufficient enough to say well no not just anyone can pick her up...Also Hubby says we have to deliver child to residence...When it doesn't specifically state that, BUT if we don't turn her over to "someone" or dont return her to her residence, if CP calls cops can NCP be arrested for not returning her to the house (when it never really states anything regarding this)?? What site do yall use or do yall have attorney exp and just know???? Thne I could look up my self....lol..... Thanks Bugga

Last edited:

CMSC

Most of us just pull answers out of our butts.:) I am just kidding! Search engines work wonders...just getting the right words in there makes all the difference.

Okay let me see if I understand this and you may want to wait for grace_adler too cause she is the NC smarty.:) Court order say CP has to deliver child to NCP, so I would say just based on that statement, wherever NCP is having visitation at CP would be required to drop off child. Many states require this of the person who moves. If that made any sense.

Now as far as the CP's husband saying he can be there to pick up child or stay with child etc. If it is CP's time with child, then yes the Cp can leave the child with whomever,as long as there is no Right of First Refusal in place.

If the court order doesn't strictly say CP's spouse can't pick up child, then CP can send spouse when it is CP's time to have child.

If NCP refuses to send child on visits, yes contempt charges can be brought forth.

My suggestion would be when CP and NCP go to court to ask for a clarification of the court order. The judge can tell you exactly what is meant by the court order and if there are any issue's about pick up/drop off's you can address them.

I hope I helped and was not too confusing.

Like I said gracie will be around here sometime, she can help you out too, maybe.

Deblynrob

Bugga: I live in MI, I don't know if this helps, but as the NCP, my order states any person may pick up or drop off the child with proper notice given to the CP.<<<you may want to look into getting this in your order, if you think it's necessary>>> Not so sure you can keep him from designating another to pick up or drop off the child, but you never know what a judge will do.
If it says it is his responsibility...I would think that would mean he can choose who does the transport. It didn't specifically say he HAS to do it himself

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">