• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP moving 5 doors down

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

headaches

My 7 year old daughter's father just bought a house 5 doors down from the apartment house i am moving into on march 1st. We do not get along at all, and are in court now for custody. I don't think it is right. I don't want him anywhere near me and I know we live in a free country but is it right to put her in this situation? We don't get along and now I will see him every time I walk out my door or take my daughter bike riding around the block. I try to keep her out of the middle, but i think that she will be in there more so now. Is there anything that could be done, or is this just another blow from this guy that I have to take.

tigger22472

Too bad you don't get along because I have the PERFECT solution for you. My boyfriend and his ex have it set up where the child lives two weeks with each parent. She goes to the same school no matter where she is, there are clothes at both houses and no child support hassels. Even if you don't get along would this be something that would be possible? It gives your daughter the benefit of both parents and really does work out. You may not like him(been there done that,am there, doing that) but that's still her dad and at 7 she's still too young to know any differently all she sees is her dad. Your ex has the right to live whereever he chooses and the fact that he's "buying" a house is better for him. My step-daughter wanted us to move "next door" to her mother... All adults agreed that was too close for comfort but we were looking at a house right down the street from her. Now we live about a mile away, let's just say it's close enough that her husband jogs past our house nearly every day. Thank God we do get along.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">