• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP never even calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanato2

If you want to legally do anything, you need to serve dad and have a judge decide.

We need to serve Dad to give me Guardianship?
Isn't that just sort of like a POA?

:confused:

LdiJ

If you want to legally do anything, you need to serve dad and have a judge decide.

We need to serve Dad to give me Guardianship?
Isn't that just sort of like a POA?

:confused:
No, its not like a POA. Its completely different.

nanato2

Ok, but I want to be sure I understand...
even if/when I have Guardianship, she will retain Custody, correct?
Guardianship would not restrict, or prevent (better choice of words) his Mother from taking him to the Dr., school, etc., etc., would it?
I guess what I am asking is: Will we BOTH have authority to get medical care, and make decisions, for him? Because while she is trying, I don't want to discourage her efforts.
Does any of this make sense to you sensible people?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ok, but I want to be sure I understand...
even if/when I have Guardianship, she will retain Custody, correct?
Guardianship would not restrict, or prevent (better choice of words) his Mother from taking him to the Dr., school, etc., etc., would it?
I guess what I am asking is: Will we BOTH have authority to get medical care, and make decisions, for him? Because while she is trying, I don't want to discourage her efforts.
Does any of this make sense to you sensible people?
It makes sense to us. But guardianship puts you in control until mom revokes it. HOWEVER you need to serve dad before you are given guardianship. You need to understand that dad's rights TRUMP yours ten ways to Sunday.You have no inherent rights in this child because you are a legal stranger. If you want authority to make medical care, have mom give you a POA. End of story.

nanato2

Thank you all, very much.
Like I said before, sometimes I don't like the answers, but this Forum is ALWAYS entertaining, and a lot of you Seniors are a real hoot!! :D

Humusluvr

Thank you all, very much.
Like I said before, sometimes I don't like the answers, but this Forum is ALWAYS entertaining, and a lot of you Seniors are a real hoot!! :D
Not only is the forum entertaining, but it also provided me with a lot of wisdom on how (and how not to) be a parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">