• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need custody of daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Keithdad

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
My wife is bi-polar and I was absent at the time of the divorce and parenting plan hearings. I signed no papers and my wife was able to set guidelines for the parenting plan. She did not disclose the fact that she is severely mentally ill. I now fear for the safety of my daughter! I have recently moved in with my parents in NC and my ex-wife has committed herself into a psyc hospital for the forth time in as many weeks, leaving my daughter in her mothers care. While my ex-wifes condition continues to deminish, I have become increasingly concerned about my daughters welfare while under her care. Because I wasn't present for the hearings, I was only granted supervised visitation for twoo hours every two weeks. What is keeping my ex-wife from poising my daughter in a schizophrenic episode or worse, things I shutter to imagine may be close at hand. I need help to save my daughters life.Can someone help before it's too late?

tazbug

File For emergency custody

You didn't say why it was that you were not present for the divorce proceedings etc. But, if theres nothing in your background that would make a judge believe that you would pose as a threat to your daughters well being, then I would immediately go to the court house to file an emergency motion for custody. You might have to have supervised visitation, but you still have rights. If you are genuinely concerned for your daughters safety, then you should speak to a lawyer immediately. Don't waste any time. Time is of the essence. Don't let them forget about the Andrea Williams case. I live about 100 feet from where she killed her kids. She also was in the hospital on more than one occassion for mental illness. It is a scary situation. Good Luck. If you can not afford an attorney it would be wise to call your local Legal Aide society, and find out if you qualify for free or discounted legal services.

rmet4nzkx

Without asking a lot of questions, I would say to call CPS inform them of the mother's mental illness and psych hospital admissions, petition the court for custody although grandmother may already have that. It really helps to attend court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">