• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help in definition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ks and Co

But this is about a few wordings i am not sure of.

on my bill i got today from my attorney there is "phone call opposing counsel re transporable and 5-5-2-2 schedule

What in the world is that?

As you know my attorney withdrew, it was denied and he really isn't talking to me to explain this stuff as well as not informing me why or what is on these bills such as phone call opposing counsel re filling for parental allocation change.

The ExH hasn't called or even talked to the kids since 4th of july ( he refuses to give me any contact information so i have no way of contacting him when the kids want to talk to him), we have court Monday for health insurance and child support he can't supply and he started a job back in April or may that he works nights and sleeps during the day. He now has a 1 year old, his girlfriend has dragged our 8 year old into it by giving her pieces of papper to give to me that state "mommy (her name)" on it for no apparent reason, I do not see that being a change of circumstance.

If the ExH was going to file for parental allocation change wouldn't there have to be some sort of change in circumstance?

Last edited:

Just Blue

I believe that 5-5-2-2 is five days five night with one parent and two days and two nights with the other.

proud_parent

I believe that 5-5-2-2 is five days five night with one parent and two days and two nights with the other.
My take is that it's a rotating schedule that gives both parents equal overnights over a two week period.

For example: Monday-Tuesday (2) w/ Dad, Wednesday-Thursday (2) w/ Mom, Friday-Tuesday (5) with Dad, Wednesday-Sunday (5) w/ Mom.

proud_parent

If the ExH was going to file for parental allocation change wouldn't there have to be some sort of change in circumstance?
It depends on what you mean by "parental allocation change". While a material COC is typically required to modify custody, it is not necessarily required to modify parenting time. Especially in the case that the change sought is to the schedule only; for example, same number of overnights with each of you but in a different rotation (such as 5-5-2-2).

For more information, you can Google the statutes for the state that has jurisdiction.

thats confusing

And plain dumb. Why in the world would the ex want to make the children ride in a 3 hour drive that many times. We live in 2 different states. he kicked me and the kids out and had nothing to do with them from Nov 06 to aug 07 and that was because the courts and i wanted him to have his visits and see the kids. And still after that it was a battle and a lot of sit and wait for him to show up. We meet half way EOWend and he still can't seem to show up or remember.

Even if its 5 days 5 nights with me and 2 days and 2 nights with him that is every single weekend. The kids can not adjust as it is and are in therapy when they come back EOWend because they do not understand as the therapist says "he buys them", my DD is scared to death because he and his GF tell her these bad things about me that she knows isn't true and if she tells me she will get into trouble. They cant even help potty train the 4 year old with out having him scared to death of the bathroom. He is potty trained here goes there comes back in pull ups scared of the bathroom and it takes 4 days to go potty again. And when he gets back he is full of wonderful words about how I'm F#### fat and oh boy lots of fun words.

He hasn't even called the kids in the last 30 some odd days. Hes emailed me but didn't ask about the kids at all. grrrr

Ok thanks, I'm starting to wonder if that didn't get on the wrong bill and was meant for someone else. It just don't make sense to me to make a 4 and 8 year old go to 2 schools in 2 different states (maybe 200 kids here from k-12 and there it was 770kids just in k-3rd).

thanks for the replies I'm just venting.

Will the judge see anything strange if he is trying to get that while he is in contempt (trial hearing on it Monday), to me i would see it and think hmmm he cant pay his child support, he cant provide the health insurance but yet he wants the kids basically every weekend. I would see it as him just trying to lower child support (I'm being biased though because he has flat out told me that but the judge don't know that). He works nights and sleeps during the day how would that benefit the children?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And plain dumb. Why in the world would the ex want to make the children ride in a 3 hour drive that many times. We live in 2 different states. he kicked me and the kids out and had nothing to do with them from Nov 06 to aug 07 and that was because the courts and i wanted him to have his visits and see the kids. And still after that it was a battle and a lot of sit and wait for him to show up. We meet half way EOWend and he still can't seem to show up or remember.

Even if its 5 days 5 nights with me and 2 days and 2 nights with him that is every single weekend. The kids can not adjust as it is and are in therapy when they come back EOWend because they do not understand as the therapist says "he buys them", my DD is scared to death because he and his GF tell her these bad things about me that she knows isn't true and if she tells me she will get into trouble. They cant even help potty train the 4 year old with out having him scared to death of the bathroom. He is potty trained here goes there comes back in pull ups scared of the bathroom and it takes 4 days to go potty again. And when he gets back he is full of wonderful words about how I'm F#### fat and oh boy lots of fun words.

He hasn't even called the kids in the last 30 some odd days. Hes emailed me but didn't ask about the kids at all. grrrr

Ok thanks, I'm starting to wonder if that didn't get on the wrong bill and was meant for someone else. It just don't make sense to me to make a 4 and 8 year old go to 2 schools in 2 different states (maybe 200 kids here from k-12 and there it was 770kids just in k-3rd).

thanks for the replies I'm just venting.

Will the judge see anything strange if he is trying to get that while he is in contempt (trial hearing on it Monday), to me i would see it and think hmmm he cant pay his child support, he cant provide the health insurance but yet he wants the kids basically every weekend. I would see it as him just trying to lower child support (I'm being biased though because he has flat out told me that but the judge don't know that). He works nights and sleeps during the day how would that benefit the children?
NO it is not.

A 5/5/2 plan is as follows
MOm -- Monday and Tuesday
Dad -- WEdnesday and Thursday

Alternate weekends with each parent getting every other weekend. If you are in two different states a 5/5/2 plan will NOT work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">