• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEED HELP!! violation of court Visitation papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cv76brwn

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I recently started visitation with my daughter a couple of month ago. According to court papers on Feb 9th my overnight visits started every other Saturday. The first weekend visit went fine. Earlier this week my ex contacted me and wanted me to change which weekends i was to have my visitation. I told him no, I did not want to change weekends and that we should stick to what the vitiation papers say. This weekend(feb23) my ex never showed up with my daughter,Nor would he answer or return my phone calls. I contacted the police and was told there was nothing they could do, Because the papers were only temporary!! We are due back in court to revise visitation schedule after 3mo of overnight visitation. I thought if either side did not comply with the court ordered visitation papers, they could be held in contempt. Was the officer wrong & Can i hold him in contempt ? If so, how should i go about this??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Only the court can find him in contempt. The cops were pretty much right - the only thing they really could do was take a report. You'd have to file against him in court. But, be aware that one instance isn't likely to get you too far.

You absolutely must document every time he doesn't show up.

Why did he want to switch?

nextwife

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I recently started visitation with my daughter a couple of month ago. According to court papers on Feb 9th my overnight visits started every other Saturday. The first weekend visit went fine. Earlier this week my ex contacted me and wanted me to change which weekends i was to have my visitation. I told him no, I did not want to change weekends and that we should stick to what the vitiation papers say. This weekend(feb23) my ex never showed up with my daughter,Nor would he answer or return my phone calls. I contacted the police and was told there was nothing they could do, Because the papers were only temporary!! We are due back in court to revise visitation schedule after 3mo of overnight visitation. I thought if either side did not comply with the court ordered visitation papers, they could be held in contempt. Was the officer wrong & Can i hold him in contempt ? If so, how should i go about this??
Just an FYI: a NCPs failure or inability to use visitation is NOT contempt. Court ordered Visitation is a right, not a court ordered obligation. It is important why he requested the switch.

Zephyr

Just an FYI: a NCPs failure or inability to use visitation is NOT contempt. Court ordered Visitation is a right, not a court ordered obligation. It is important why he requested the switch.
NW- I believe it's the ncp posting and she was denied time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">