• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Info on Downward Modification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LOOKING4HELP

What is the name of your state? Florida

I am the NCP and have been out of work for over a year now due to an accident at work (I am now broke & CS is stacking up). CSE garnished the WC checks while they were coming and worked with me after they stopped. Doctor said I am at Maximum Medical Improvement with No Use of Right Arm, that is making it hard to find work. I am left with two choices...Try for a CS Modification that takes into condideration that I am not working and no idea when I will be able to be...OR try to work out a settlement between my Ex & CSE so they take the Workers Comp Settlement for the due amount. Any ideas, paths to take, or helpful advice is greatly appreciated.

Grace_Adler

Here are some options:
1. Get an attorney if possible.
2. Call the bar association and see if they have a referral program where you can get a reduced consultation with an attorney.
3. Do some research on how to do it yourself like at a law library or ask clerk of court or magistrate and get a petition to modify child support at the courthouse.
4. Call CSE and ask about an arrangement.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
L

LOOKING4HELP

Florida

Thank you Grace.
I am hitting the yellow pages now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">