• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal advice! Change of visitation order, difficult CP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PritySailR

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
:confused:

My ex wife and I had a court ordered arrangement that stated i would have my daughter on "wednesday and thursday which are the fathers days off." This arrangement worked fine until my daughter started school. My ex wife and I then agreed that i would switch my days off to sat and sunday and I would have my daughter at my home on those days with her picking her up the second sunday of every month at 9am so she had a weekend day as well. We never went to court to change this agreement because neither of us could afford the court costs or legal fees. We have been operating under this arrangement for a year now. Now all of a sudden my ex had decided that she wants my daughter most weekends and that she will allow me to have my child on wed and thursdays again- this is after she moved over an hour away. We have come to several agreements between ourselves since she started threatening this revert to the old agreement and each time she agrees to something and then out of nowhere changes her mind and starts threatening to revert to the wed/thurs again. How do I fight her? This is ridiculous and is harmful to my child and to my current wife and family. We just cannot afford the legal fees right now. help!

CJane

Neither you nor the ex is obliged to do anything at all except follow whatever the current order of the court states.

So, either file in court to change it, or stop trying to "fight" Mom about following it. And don't expect a court to order that you get every weekend. More likely, every other and one evening "dinner date" during the week.

CSO286

And if you are concerned about court costs, you can request a fee waiver. May or may not be granted, but you can ask.
And you can also file on your own behalf and avoid attorney costs.

divona2000

... i would have my daughter on "wednesday and thursday which are the fathers days off."...ex wife and I then agreed that i would switch my days off to sat and sunday and I would have my daughter at my home on those days ...changes her mind and starts threatening to revert to the wed/thurs again...
Can you switch your days off back to Wed & Thurs, maybe volunteer at child's school on those days?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">