• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need legal advice for getting supervised visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amanda86

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I am seeking to get supervised visitation for my son when he is with his father. I was wondring if anyone would be able to help me with this topic, I am looking to get a restraining order against the father but my childs safty is more important at the time and I need to have it ordered that his father needs to be supervised while with him before I get a restraining order. He has never been alone with him and is a very unstable person uncapeable of taking care of a child. I recently went to court for sole custody but ended up saying the wrong things to the guardian aid litim so was not granted sole custody, also joint custody was ordered 6/07 so that did not help my situattion. I have a documented all visitations and irratic behavior. If someone would be able to assist me with legal advice or someone has gone through a similar sittuation please contact me asap.
Thank you,
AmandaWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I am seeking to get supervised visitation for my son when he is with his father. I was wondring if anyone would be able to help me with this topic, I am looking to get a restraining order against the father but my childs safty is more important at the time and I need to have it ordered that his father needs to be supervised while with him before I get a restraining order. He has never been alone with him and is a very unstable person uncapeable of taking care of a child. I recently went to court for sole custody but ended up saying the wrong things to the guardian aid litim so was not granted sole custody, also joint custody was ordered 6/07 so that did not help my situattion. I have a documented all visitations and irratic behavior. If someone would be able to assist me with legal advice or someone has gone through a similar sittuation please contact me asap.
Thank you,
AmandaWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Why?
Tell us WHY Dad is too horrible to be allowed to parent his child.

CJane

What has changed with regard to the the father since 06/07 or whenever you were in court last?

What 'wrong thing' did you say to the GAL?

What sort of erratic behavior are you talking about?

If joint custody was ordered in 06/07, why has the father never been alone w/the child?

Was he erratic an incapable of caring for a child when you conceived the child w/him?

Amanda86

We were still on good terms when it was ordered. I was kind of smitten by him and did not see how he really was. I realized how he really was after 6/07 (when I decided not to get back together with him) he has threatened to kill himself and many of my friends, he commited himself into a mental institution, and has threatened me, he has also stated that he is using our son to see me and he is also using him to find out personal information about me like where I go and what I do. He makes no efforts to see his son leaving me to do everything like set up times dates and places (where I drive our son to he never comes near where I live to see him). when I was talking to the GAL I think I focused more on the future and not so much on now and he never met with the father (fathers fault never set up apt). He even sent me a text stating that he is unsure of watching his son by himself. He also uses drugs daily and has drug charges on his record. I have done all that I could so he is able to see him (I only think its fair that both parents play a role in their childs life) I am not in anyway trying to take our son away from him, I am doing all I can so my child stays safe and would really like it if somone could help me with my sittuation instead of criticizing me, I am the only one that supports our son and only want the best for him.

Silverplum

We were still on good terms when it was ordered. I was kind of smitten by him and did not see how he really was. I realized how he really was after 6/07 (when I decided not to get back together with him) he has threatened to kill himself and many of my friends, he commited himself into a mental institution, and has threatened me, he has also stated that he is using our son to see me and he is also using him to find out personal information about me like where I go and what I do. He makes no efforts to see his son leaving me to do everything like set up times dates and places (where I drive our son to he never comes near where I live to see him). when I was talking to the GAL I think I focused more on the future and not so much on now and he never met with the father (fathers fault never set up apt). He even sent me a text stating that he is unsure of watching his son by himself. He also uses drugs daily and has drug charges on his record. I have done all that I could so he is able to see him (I only think its fair that both parents play a role in their childs life) I am not in anyway trying to take our son away from him, I am doing all I can so my child stays safe and would really like it if somone could help me with my sittuation instead of criticizing me, I am the only one that supports our son and only want the best for him.
Go ahead and take it back to court. Tell everyone there what you have to say about Dad.

Amanda86

He was not erratic when I conceived the child with him it all started to happen after I broke up with him because he could not hold a job at all while I was pregnant (and working 80 hours a week) or after our son was born. Our son was not planned and I never considered if he was incapable of caring for a child.

Silverplum

He was not erratic when I conceived the child with him it all started to happen after I broke up with him because he could not hold a job at all while I was pregnant (and working 80 hours a week) or after our son was born. Our son was not planned and I never considered if he was incapable of caring for a child.
So noted for the record.

waitinMd

I would get an attorney and take him back to court. It could be very expensive. You have to prove everything you are accusing him with/of.

My case started out in Family court services. I was told all my concerns "didn't matter", so I "agreed" to joint custody. 3 months later.... lots of trouble began.... over 2 years later and LOTS of money, lots of me proving allegations ... the order was changed.

It is not always an easy process, but if you are "afraid" for you child and you have "proof", then file a motion and ask the court for supervised visitation.

Amanda86

Thank you,
I have documented EVERYTHING hoping it will help out, in the long run I think it will. He also recently stole my credit card and charged over $500 on it.

waitinMd

sometimes just writing it down doesn't matter. If they deny it and you don't have witnesses, police reports and so on...then it is your word against his.

The judge may or may not order supervised visitation right away, but he may ask for a drug test.

Remember whatever you bring up you are subject to be court ordered to do also. For instance drug testing...

Silverplum

She JUST went to court RECENTLY.

WHAT has CHANGED in order for her to file for a mod??

Answer? Nothing at all. She just didn't like the outcome.

Amanda86

Im sorry I must have written it down wrong. We went to the child support agency on 6/07, not court for supervised visitation. Everything was decided then (like custody and everything) I went to court for sole custody after that and even since then more has happened. I dont see why the court wouldnt grant supervised visitation if there is some concern that the child is in harm. The courts told me it is a lot easier to get sole custody after 2 years and since I went to court for it not long after joint custody was ordered they did not grant it there has been a lot more that has happened since then. Also when I was talking to someone that was supposed to evaluate us she told me I should go for supervised visitation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">