• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEEDED: Legal Terms Translated to Layman's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gradengail

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

All of these documents might as well be written in Greek. Before this, I've never been involved in any coury proceedings, other than my divorce, which we'd amicably agreed upon the terms of, making it fairly simple.....until now.

Short Version: Ex-husband started refusing to let me know the children's whereabouts after I'd discovered I was terminally ill- We had joint legal & I had paramount care of 2 of 3

Ex filed motion requesting sole custody, and continued to refuse me knowledge of their whereabouts- His attorney offered to advise him to allow me to see the children, under the terms that I sign over my custodial rights & within set(and ridiculous) visitation guidelines

My retained attorney had another hearing the date that ours was set- Called court clerk about changing date & called opposing attorney, agreeing upon one of 2 dates in late July- Attorneys were to arrange a temporary custody order until said date

Original court date was set for last week- Ex & attorney appeared for the trial finding judgement for sole custody in his favor

My attorney, not very happy at this point, filed an affidavit against opposing attorney for acting outside a code of conduct

Now docket says "Amended Motion to Set Aside Judgment " ~ Does this mean that the court received the affidavit concerning the deceptive actions of the attorney & there will be a court date set, or that the judgement has been set aside already, or something all together different?

The Amended Motion is just a pleading, assume filed by your attorney, asking the Court to set aside the prior ruling. If that is the last document entered in the case, then the Court has not yet ruled. Has a heairng been set to hear your argument on why the prior order should be set aside?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">