• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Jersey Family Courts allow perjury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JE22665

What is the name of your state? GA

My husband and I live in GA. His ex lives in NJ with their 2 children. Recently, he took her to court to try to obtain custodial custody of the children. He had a telephonic hearing and the judge was very rude:mad: . That day, he received a copy of his ex's statements, she went through Legal Aid. Upon reading these statements, 95% were lies. Is there any way to get her to take a lie detector test to prove her statements? I know these are lies. Needless to say, he lost and now the kids are brainwashed because of things they have said to him and the way they now talk to him. Please help. I am loosing sleep (it's been a week now) and about to go ballistic. :mad:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What you need to do is get an NJ attorney to represent your husband, and PROVE that she lied. I don't believe you can force a lie detector test, and they are often inadmissible in court anyway.

B

Boxcarbill

JE22665 said:
What is the name of your state? GA

My husband and I live in GA. His ex lives in NJ with their 2 children. Recently, he took her to court to try to obtain custodial custody of the children. He had a telephonic hearing and the judge was very rude:mad: . That day, he received a copy of his ex's statements, she went through Legal Aid. Upon reading these statements, 95% were lies. Is there any way to get her to take a lie detector test to prove her statements? I know these are lies. Needless to say, he lost and now the kids are brainwashed because of things they have said to him and the way they now talk to him. Please help. I am loosing sleep (it's been a week now) and about to go ballistic. :mad:
No you cannot force a lie detector test on anyone. No, the results of a lie detector test are inadmissible in court because the test is unreliable.

VeronicaGia

Lies are commonplace in all family courts

not just NJ. Unfortunately, no one ever gets punished for perjury, so people continue to lie. In fact, usually the liar gets rewarded, as in your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">