• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Niece and nephew were took away.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rea13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee.
My brother's ex girlfriend originally came from Texas. Well, she took the kids with her to Texas today. Basically, she has sold them. She made a deal with her dad that if he payed off all of her bills and got her a house and job, he could have full custody of both of the kids.
She has abused these kids, my niece has said this to my dad before, and we have actually seen her slap them across the face, and their only 4 or 2. Their age doesn't really matter, though, because this is not acceptable reglardless the child's age.
My mother, aunt, father and I have all been keeping the kids. 99.9 % of the time, the two kids have been living with my mom, dad, grandmother and I, and my niece sometimes stays with my aunt when she has to go to school.
The two kids mother basically abanoned them about three months ago. My mother, father and I had the kids all the time, and we provided for them and took care of them. The only thing she did was buy them diapers. She is on drugs, she even stole some pills from my grandmother, she has been to court for numerous things. She's a horrible mother, she screams at them, and as I mentioned before, she's slapped them in the face. She also doesn't make them sit in a car seat have the time. What is my mom's, dad's and my chances at getting full custody of these kids?

Antigone*

My brother's ex girlfriend originally came from Texas. Well, she took the kids with her to Texas today. Basically, she has sold them. She made a deal with her dad that if he payed off all of her bills and got her a house and job, he could have full custody of both of the kids.
She has abused these kids, my niece has said this to my dad before, and we have actually seen her slap them across the face, and their only 4 or 2. Their age doesn't really matter, though, because this is not acceptable reglardless the child's age.
My mother, aunt, father and I have all been keeping the kids. 99.9 % of the time, the two kids have been living with my mom, dad, grandmother and I, and my niece sometimes stays with my aunt when she has to go to school.
The two kids mother basically abanoned them about three months ago. My mother, father and I had the kids all the time, and we provided for them and took care of them. The only thing she did was buy them diapers. She is on drugs, she even stole some pills from my grandmother, she has been to court for numerous things. She's a horrible mother, she screams at them, and as I mentioned before, she's slapped them in the face. She also doesn't make them sit in a car seat have the time. What is my mom's, dad's and my chances at getting full custody of these kids?

This is not your problem as they are not your children.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
All that bashing of the MOTHER of the children, yet you gloss over the fact that the FATHER, apparently, hasn't been doing a thing either.

Where is DAD? Why doesn't DAD step up to the plate? Is he even LEGALLY the father?

Maybe DAD should come on and ask how to get custody of HIS kids...you have no standing.

LdiJ

Where is your brother? He is the one who has the greatest shot at primary custody.

SESmama

Why isn't dad trying for custody?
Is dad legally dad (signed BC/AOP, etc)?
If not then little to none
You? Nada at this point

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">