• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no money no assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littlewoman

What is the name of your state?

my boyfriend fm california
he has no money no assets , self employed, sharing 3 days custody in a week, owed child support for 26 months, got a suspended liscense, how's he going to work if he can't drive, his ex married again, earning more than my boyfriend...... :( undefined

LdiJ

littlewoman said:
What is the name of your state?

my boyfriend fm california
he has no money no assets , self employed, sharing 3 days custody in a week, owed child support for 26 months, got a suspended liscense, how's he going to work if he can't drive, his ex married again, earning more than my boyfriend...... :( undefined
Why didn't he pay his child support for 26 months?

L

littlewoman

no money

LdiJ said:
Why didn't he pay his child support for 26 months?
cos of 9/11, his trade receives much lower than he used to be, he can't even pay his rent , as a father he needs to stay home n taking care of the kids, i need only legal advice , pls help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Don't post the same thing in multiple posts - this is already your third thread with the same information. Your boyfriend is obligated to help support his kids. So he needs to find a way to make the money he owes. It's not going away. He should consider a second job.

L

littlewoman

how can he work if he has a suspended driving liscense, wat can he do to lower the child support payment, legal advice only pls

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
littlewoman said:
how can he work if he has a suspended driving liscense, wat can he do to lower the child support payment, legal advice only pls

All he can do is file for a modification of support. Considering he's waited as long as he has, citing 9/11 may not do a damned thing for him and it's certainly not going to get rid of his arrears. They will continue to accrue interest.

9/11 was 2 1/2 years ago. Here in the metro NY area we've even stopped citing that as a reason for not working. If he can't get a job in the area he's trained for - there are other places hiring. Or is working for BK or Walmart too demeaning?

As for how to get to work w/o a license? Let's see..... God provided a mode of transportation that he's already packing. If it's too far to walk, there's setting up a ride with a coworker. Mass transit - I know CA isn't the greatest, but they do have buses. He has a girlfriend who I will assume has a license and can drive him.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
First sentence was legal advice. The rest was just 'cause I needed a good excuse to not answer the door when the JW's rang the bell. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">