• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no-show

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

la4lyfe

What is the name of your state? VA
well, the weekend has come and gone for me not to see my kids again..I spoke with the mother on the 7th and she said that she would meet me in Atlanta. Then, got a phone call around 5pm that she would not be coming because she claim that the kids did not want to come..As, I told her that its not the kids decision to make that call. So, when I ask my oldest(14y/o) what she wanted to do she wanted to stay in La. which was fine by me..I have two other kids that wanted to come...So, I spoke with my sister who works for an airline company to see if she could go to Houston,Tx and pick them for me..The mother was ok w/ this setup..but still insist on the kids not coming...So, I contact my atty and we have filed contempt against for the last 3 times I guess that this is the pattern that the courts want to see..and she have prove this to me..
(2)..Just recv court papers in the mail stating that she is trying to take me bck to court to pay 50% in unpaid insurance..Which the court order have been modified 3 times since 2000...Since then the order have been modified to where she is to hold her own insurance and I hold my own..which I have since 99'...I guess that I am applaued about the fact that CSE had the nerve to side with her and send this crazy ppwrk for court in Sept..which I spoken w/ atty to have cancel...Apparently, CSE does not know about the other orders and they must be trying to go back to the old order and not realizing that the order have been changed...But, I hope that the courts just throw the book at her and make her realize that this is petty.....just wanted to let you guys know what is going on...

MrsK

la4lyfe said:
What is the name of your state? VA
well, the weekend has come and gone for me not to see my kids again..I spoke with the mother on the 7th and she said that she would meet me in Atlanta. Then, got a phone call around 5pm that she would not be coming because she claim that the kids did not want to come..As, I told her that its not the kids decision to make that call. So, when I ask my oldest(14y/o) what she wanted to do she wanted to stay in La. which was fine by me..I have two other kids that wanted to come...So, I spoke with my sister who works for an airline company to see if she could go to Houston,Tx and pick them for me..The mother was ok w/ this setup..but still insist on the kids not coming...So, I contact my atty and we have filed contempt against for the last 3 times I guess that this is the pattern that the courts want to see..and she have prove this to me..
(2)..Just recv court papers in the mail stating that she is trying to take me bck to court to pay 50% in unpaid insurance..Which the court order have been modified 3 times since 2000...Since then the order have been modified to where she is to hold her own insurance and I hold my own..which I have since 99'...I guess that I am applaued about the fact that CSE had the nerve to side with her and send this crazy ppwrk for court in Sept..which I spoken w/ atty to have cancel...Apparently, CSE does not know about the other orders and they must be trying to go back to the old order and not realizing that the order have been changed...But, I hope that the courts just throw the book at her and make her realize that this is petty.....just wanted to let you guys know what is going on...
You need to go & file contempt on mom for not sending the kids. It DOES NOT matter if the kids want to come if you have a court order stating that they are to be with you for the weekend/visitation period. The kids, not to mention Mom, are not in charge and dont make the decisions.

ceara19

MrsK said:
You need to go & file contempt on mom for not sending the kids. It DOES NOT matter if the kids want to come if you have a court order stating that they are to be with you for the weekend/visitation period. The kids, not to mention Mom, are not in charge and dont make the decisions.
What WILL matter is the fact that he was not at the specified exchange location. Even though it seems pointless to drive all that way when mom calls and says she won't be there, she is not actually in violation of the order until she fails to show up at the designated place at the designated time. Since he wasn't there, it's going to be a difficult case to win.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
la4lyfe said:
As, I told her that its not the kids decision to make that call. So, when I ask my oldest(14y/o) what she wanted to do she wanted to stay in La. which was fine by me..
Well, apparently you DO think it's the kids' call to make. You don't let one make the decision and not the others. :rolleyes:

la4lyfe

Despite, that she told me that she was not going to be there I still drove there anyway thinking that she would have at least let the kids come with there aunt when she brought her son to his father in Atlanta,,,and guess a no-show still....I understand that its not the kids call on whether or not if they want to come and visit....I have another question.
I just recv courts papers in the mail stating that my ex is trying to take me back to court for contempt with insurance..I have always held insurance on my kids because I have all the insurance claims showing when the mother was taking them...But, I never saw or recv a phone call when she was taking them to a chiropractor for no reason ( no accidents or anything that i know of) or should I say the kids never stated that they were in any accidents...I am thinking that this is something that will backfire on her because I am filing my contempt charges also...But, we have been to court so many times since then I don't know how many times but this was NEVER MENTION UNTIL NOW..and the court order have been modified 3 times since then...and I was told thru CSE that she agreed to hold her own insurance on the kids and this was just noted on June 22..I found out that she is getting married and maybe she needs $$$ to help out with the wedding plans...and maybe she will have someone else to mess with...Does she have a leg to stand on?

MrsK

la4lyfe said:
Despite, that she told me that she was not going to be there I still drove there anyway thinking that she would have at least let the kids come with there aunt when she brought her son to his father in Atlanta,,,and guess a no-show still....I understand that its not the kids call on whether or not if they want to come and visit....I have another question.
I just recv courts papers in the mail stating that my ex is trying to take me back to court for contempt with insurance..I have always held insurance on my kids because I have all the insurance claims showing when the mother was taking them...But, I never saw or recv a phone call when she was taking them to a chiropractor for no reason ( no accidents or anything that i know of) or should I say the kids never stated that they were in any accidents...I am thinking that this is something that will backfire on her because I am filing my contempt charges also...But, we have been to court so many times since then I don't know how many times but this was NEVER MENTION UNTIL NOW..and the court order have been modified 3 times since then...and I was told thru CSE that she agreed to hold her own insurance on the kids and this was just noted on June 22..I found out that she is getting married and maybe she needs $$$ to help out with the wedding plans...and maybe she will have someone else to mess with...Does she have a leg to stand on?
I dont quite understand your question...are you saying she is saying there is a problem with the insurance/bills, but there is not? Please clarify.

la4lyfe

My ex is trying to find any little thing to take me back to court for just to get $$$$$....she had CSE send me court papers stating that I never held insurance on the kids and she had to foot the bill since May 2000 and now she wants to pay her half of all the medicals bills that she claim that she had to pay....I have just about every bill for every year til current showing that she was taking the kids to the doctor and MY insurance was the one that paid for it and she was responsible for was the co-pay on what the insurance did not pick up....Now, just recently I found out that she told CSE that she would hold insurance on her end and I will continue to keep it on my end..this is was told to my wife by someone that works in CSE..And that CSE also request to updated information about her income which she still haven't done as of yet because her income has doubled but she don't want to report that, but they are going to find out anyway....But, the most recently court oder that was modified states about the insurance is that, If and when its available thru my employer and at a resonable cost....But I don't understand these mothers that want to have there cake and eat to but don't want NCP to have anything to do with the kids..But,, they think that are hurting us, but not really looking at the big picture that they are hurting these kids for life with the mental scarring of the other parent.....Because we are all grown and we will learn to adjust to but this is something that these and all kids will remember for life**************I guess that she and CSE don't have anything else to do with there time but to waste paper and ink instead of looking in the case load for all the detail information about ones case.....I hope this will clear up the air on what I was trying to say MrsK : o )

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">