• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nolle prosequi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? Md

My ex went to court for her first of three criminal charges. The verdict is Nolle Prosequi.
Does that stay on your record, or can that be expunged. Under the plea it says 'other'. I wonder what that means?

waitinMd

apparently some people just need to be hit with the google stick.:rolleyes: :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolle_prosequi
I looked it up on google, so? It does not answer the queston as to whether you can get the record expunged?

The witnesses did not show up for the trial. The judge apparently decided he was not going to 'dismiss' the case. My ex thought that would happen since her bf's criminal charges were 'dismissed' due to the witnesses not showing.

Can I assume that Nolle Prosequi will stay there, kinda like a PBJ.

casa

I looked it up on google, so? It does not answer the queston as to whether you can get the record expunged?

The witnesses did not show up for the trial. The judge apparently decided he was not going to 'dismiss' the case. My ex thought that would happen since her bf's criminal charges were 'dismissed' due to the witnesses not showing.

Can I assume that Nolle Prosequi will stay there, kinda like a PBJ.
I don't think you read it correctly~ It means it's not in the interest of the state to prosecute. So, there isn't going to BE prosecution for the crime(s).

What were the 3 crimes, anyway?

waitinMd

the nolle prosequi is the first; malicious destruction of propery

then there is forging perscription drugs; 7 counts

and then theft - stealing the perscription pad.

casa

the nolle prosequi is the first; malicious destruction of propery

then there is forging perscription drugs; 7 counts

and then theft - stealing the perscription pad.
OK, then they are charging her with 7 counts of forging Rx medications and 1 count of theft for stealing an Rx pad. The charge of malicious destruction is being dropped bc it's not in the state's interest to pursue it. (It looks like they have enough without it) :eek:

moburkes

OK, then they are charging her with 7 counts of forging Rx medications and 1 count of theft for stealing an Rx pad. The charge of malicious destruction is being dropped bc it's not in the state's interest to pursue it. (It looks like they have enough without it) :eek:
I tend to agree with your last statement.

waitinMd

actually the malicious destruction of property was linked to domestic violence charges- seperate from the forging of prescription drugs.

Her bf beat her up in Dec. 06, she dropped the charges: failure to show. She then beat him up in Feb of 07, plus damaged his vehicle. The state police were called by the establishment where the incident took place. The trooper charged her with destruction of malicious property, which is where the nolle comes in.

right now I have emergency temp custody.

casa

actually the malicious destruction of property was linked to domestic violence charges- seperate from the forging of prescription drugs.

Her bf beat her up in Dec. 06, she dropped the charges: failure to show. She then beat him up in Feb of 07, plus damaged his vehicle. The state police were called by the establishment where the incident took place. The trooper charged her with destruction of malicious property, which is where the nolle comes in.

right now I have emergency temp custody.
Sounds like you're going to keep custody also. Those are serious charges against her (forging Rx).

Re; the nolle prosequi~ B/F probably dropped charges or refused to testify against her...&/or the courts saw she was up on more serious charges & are focusing on those, which are easier to prove and convict on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">