• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Parent child rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms_divia29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I would like to know if I have rights. I am tha aunt/god mother of a 19 month onld child.My husband and I along with my sister (the childs grandmother) has been raising and taking care the child since he was 3 months, the mother who is 20 has 3 kids which includes this child snatches him up last night. If I go for custody, do I have rights, or a fighting chance?

LillianX

How did the child come to be in your care? Was the child in your care 100% of the time? Why was the child in your care? Did Mom come and take the child just out of the blue, or had there been discussion? If there was discussion, what was the context?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You have no rights to the child. If you believe that the child is in danger, call CPS. But that is not a step to take simply to be vindictive. A better course of action would be to play nice with Mom and help be the best Mom she can be.

mistoffolees

You have no rights to the child. If you believe that the child is in danger, call CPS. But that is not a step to take simply to be vindictive. A better course of action would be to play nice with Mom and help be the best Mom she can be.
And for God's sake, please teach this girl about birth control.

Last edited:

Antigone*

I would like to know if I have rights. I am tha aunt/god mother of a 19 month onld child.My husband and I along with my sister (the childs grandmother) has been raising and taking care the child since he was 3 months, the mother who is 20 has 3 kids which includes this child snatches him up last night. If I go for custody, do I have rights, or a fighting chance?
Parents don't "snatch" their children, they pick them up. They have every right to take their child unless there is legal documentation stating otherwise.

dannyt

wheres dad?

why do you think you have rights to someone else's child? and where is dad in all this? he has rights to custody you do not

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">