• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Related Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jlnesvold

Hello. I am in Minnesota. All parties referred to here are. So, my daughter had a child out of wedlock, born in April of 13. In May (roughly) of 14, she stared seeing a girl. In September of 14 they moved out of state and we were no longer allowed to see our granddaughter. In February of 16, contact was reestablished. In roughly March of 16, my daughter and her girlfriend, who is now going through gender-reassignment surgery, broke up. My daughter started seeing someone new. The ex's parents asked to still be able to visit the child, and a set of rules was put in place. The ex's mother broke one of the rules, and visitation was stopped. The ex's family is now threatening to sue for court ordered visitation. What is the likelihood of them getting it?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello. I am in Minnesota. All parties referred to here are. So, my daughter had a child out of wedlock, born in April of 13. In May (roughly) of 14, she stared seeing a girl. In September of 14 they moved out of state and we were no longer allowed to see our granddaughter. In February of 16, contact was reestablished. In roughly March of 16, my daughter and her girlfriend, who is now going through gender-reassignment surgery, broke up. My daughter started seeing someone new. The ex's parents asked to still be able to visit the child, and a set of rules was put in place. The ex's mother broke one of the rules, and visitation was stopped. The ex's family is now threatening to sue for court ordered visitation. What is the likelihood of them getting it?
We would prefer that you have your daughter log on to ask her own questions (with her own account). She is likely privy to information that you are not. Thank you for understanding our position on this.

LdiJ

There is no chance at all. They absolutely have no standing to sue for visitation under any circumstances.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
O/T I need new glasses. I read the header as Nun Related Visitation and wondered what was so wrong about a nun visiting... unless she has a ruler... Carry On.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">