• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it normal to have a custody/visitation rights for a newborn?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtClerk

Why is it stressful to work full time with 2 kids? My mother did it. My sister did it with 4 kids.

You... are full of excuses and you need to stop making babies you can't afford. Someone who keeps popping them out needs a full time job. $700/mo in rent. Give me a break. I don't think I can rent my livingroom for $700/mo.:rolleyes:

Perky

he works fr. 5 am to 1 pm
i even asked him to go for 50/50
he doesnt want to. Too much hassle
for him to be picking him up and dropping
him off on weekdays and ofcourse for the
baby... i'm working pt for now i think its a
lil stressful for me to be going full time with
two kids! i have to pay about $700 a month
of rent plus utilities has gone up because of my newborn
and my x is not because he's living with his parents! he only pays cell
phone, internet bills, etc. nothing more than $400.
ofcourse i'm gonna be needing some cs from him
im taking care of his son more than he does right?
i think even if he gets to have him every other weekend
i still can receive some cs fr. him hopefully!!!!
Sure, you will probably get some child support from him. However, every time you post, the story changes.

If he works from 5-1, then he would have lots of quality time with his child in any 50/50 arrangement. If his parents watch the baby while he works, then that's even better than putting the child in daycare. Who cares for the baby when you work?

Many, many, many mothers work full time with two, and more, young children. I'm not saying you should be working full time, but it is certainly possible and not a reason for you to expect more support.

jaw043

well all people are different, it could be stressful to me but not to others to work full time
with two kids! and why is it that everytime i say something everyone tries to object and be mean don't i deserve to be given child support! excuses? i'm not making any excuses everything i said here is the TRUTH!!! and fyi he was the one who wanted to have a baby
with me until i found he's been dating and having different relationships that he met thru the internet!!!!

Perky

well all people are different, it could be stressful to me but not to others to work full time
with two kids! and why is it that everytime i say something everyone tries to object and be mean don't i deserve to be given child support! excuses? i'm not making any excuses everything i said here is the TRUTH!!! and fyi he was the one who wanted to have a baby
with me until i found he's been dating and having different relationships that he met thru the internet!!!!
For starters, in your first post on this thread, you asked about having him declared an unfit parent so you don't have to allow visitation, then later you state that you offered him 50/50. That's inconsistent, and sounds like a bunch of .... excuses?

CourtClerk

So you're too stressed to work full time... but I'm sure you're not so stressed that you've stopped having sex.

You should have been "stressed" after the first one, then maybe you wouldn't have had the second one. How long are you going to be too stressed to work full time?
and fyi he was the one who wanted to have a baby with me
and I guess since he wanted it, you just HAD to give it to him, huh? Never heard the word "No?" Apparently not.
until i found he's been dating and having different relationships that he met thru the internet!!!
Yet you slept with and made a baby with him anyway... so don't use that as your next...

EXCUSE.

jaw043

no at first i didnt mind if he did have 50/50 but he doesnt want to anyway.
then when i started askin him how hes feeding our son then thats when it
concerned me if i really should even give him visitation rights and everything!
and yes one person did say i can't afford to have kids ON MY OWN that is why
i'm seeking cs from my x!!!!!!!!!! period!! no need to be mean! lol
and all i was asking is that can i get cs even if he has some sort of custody
which is every other weekend!!

jaw043

Is it normal to have a custody/visitation rights for a newborn? Reply to Thread

courtclerk,

hey what is wrong with you? i admit i am not a perfect person thats how and why
i am here asking for advice!! chill i'm not here to fight i am asking u and everyone
else around here to better myself!

Perky

This is why you're having such a hard time here:
will this come up as custody or visitation only when i file for child support? if only visitation will the court still credit him by lowering his child support?
That concern of yours from your other thread really seems to be the most important thing to you. Not the relationship of your child and his father. That's the problem here.

jaw043

i did admit fr what the clerk had said that i cant afford to make kids AND THIS IS WHY IM ASKING FOR CHILD SUPPORT? LOL makes sense right? and pls dont tell me to go and get a full time job ofcourse i would get a ft job if i wanted to! but that's not my question is it?
all i was askin' straight fr the nutshell is that can i get some kind of child support fr. him?

fairisfair

Based on your ability to spell and to compose an intelligent sentence, I think you are fairly safe from any type of significant employment.

It is possible you may get child support. It is also possible he may fight you for custody, possibly might win, and you will be paying him.

Would you like us to keep guessing?

profmum

This is a disgusting attitude you have, being a single Mum, you better get used to working hard, very hard, it is hardest job in the world and the most rewarding as well. As for him wanting the baby, were you forced to have sex? you had choices along the way, you chose differently, now stop feeling sorry for yourself, stop expecting dad to pick up the tab because you are too "stressed" to work full time and be a parent. Once you are a parent, you do not have any choice but to be the best parent you can be.

nextwife

Dearie,

You are out there procreating. You are, as an adult, responsible for supporting yourself. That is nobody elses responsibility.

Now, you also have created TWO children, so, in addition to your responsibility as an adult, to support yourself, you have added the responsibility to provide your share of the cost of supporting the kids you are creating. STOP making excuses. By choosing to procreate, not once, but twice, outside of a firm, COMMITTED relationship ("he wanted me to . . " is a second grade type of response. You, and you alone, have total control over who, when and under what circumstances, you allow yourself to be at-risk of pregnancy.) you have robbed your children of the opportunity of growing up in the same home with both of their parents. In a normal, intact, household, a child has continuous and frequent opportunities to interact and bond with BOTH their parents. This child deserves no less. The majority of new parents have no experience with a newborn, yet do just fine in caring for them.

STOP trying to live off the product of your uterus. Else one day you will be an older woman with no decent retirement or SS to live off of, no decent SS disability credits, once your kids are too old for you to live off of CS.

If you wanted the luxury of the option of just being home and "not stressing" you should have waited until you had a long term, committed relationship in which your spouse had agreed they would support you (and was financially capable of doing so) when the both of you had a child together in your combined household.

Just Blue

Dearie,

You are out there procreating. You are, as an adult, responsible for supporting yourself. That is nobody elses responsibility.

Now, you also have created TWO children, so, in addition to your responsibility as an adult, to support yourself, you have added the responsibility to provide your share of the cost of supporting the kids you are creating. STOP making excuses. By choosing to procreate, not once, but twice, outside of a firm, COMMITTED relationship ("he wanted me to . . " is a second grade type of response. You, and you alone, have total control over who, when and under what circumstances, you allow yourself to be at-risk of pregnancy.) you have robbed your children of the opportunity of growing up in the same home with both of their parents. In a normal, intact, household, a child has continuous and frequent opportunities to interact and bond with BOTH their parents. This child deserves no less. The majority of new parents have no experience with a newborn, yet do just fine in caring for them.

STOP trying to live off the product of your uterus. Else one day you will be an older woman with no decent retirement or SS to live off of, no decent SS disability credits, once your kids are too old for you to live off of CS.

If you wanted the luxury of the option of just being home and "not stressing" you should have waited until you had a long term, committed relationship in which your spouse had agreed they would support you (and was financially capable of doing so) when the both of you had a child together in your combined household.

Stop making sence!! Just stop!! You will confuse the OP and cause her to have a headache!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">