• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notarized agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flygirl78

What is the name of your state? Texas

When my ex and I split after just having a child we began to fight a lot about him helping out as well as visitation time. I was too broke to be able to afford a lawyer for custody and just wanted to get something in writing as far as custody and child support. I typed up an agreement and had both of us sign it and then had it notarized. Would this document stand up in a court of law? I'm thinking about taking him through the Attorney General because he's not holding up to his end of the agreement. His child support is consistently late ($275 a month) and he has yet to get dental insurance for her 3 years later. Would I be able to go through the Attorney General and not have to worry about this document or could this affect me detrimentally ?

tigger22472

Just as Verionica stated that noterized letter means absolutely nothing and the fact that you say his CS is late also means nothing. He's not been ordered to pay you child support and you won't be able to claim that he's behind as the court will look at what he has given you as a gift and the CS will only be offical when filed through the court and signed by a judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">