• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

notarized document same as court order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amabellejoy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I since told my ex that it would be ok for our 7 yr old to fly out to Alaska to see him but I am now having seconds thoughts since he said that if he were to be called out for duty he would leave her with a friend's wife and give her power of attorney over our daughter at the time while he is away. I am getting second opinions about having a written document signed and notarized compared to going to court and seeing a judge to make the final call. our 7 yr old does not see her father much since he is in active duty in the army and is stationed in Alaska, he probably sees her 2 or 3 times a year but since he was given a week during summer and a week during winter break, he wants to fly her to Alaska. My only question is, if we do just have docurments notarized are they binding just like a court order?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Please lock this thread and post on the other one you started earlier. Thank you. I will reply there, as hopefully others will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">