• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notarized Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angry Dad

I have two children from pre relation one resides w/ me and one w/ her. If we both sign a paper saying we are each only soley financially responsible for the child which lives w/ us until the age of 18 and will not ask for any current on going child support from each other and she states if she has to get on AFDC she will exclude our son, and we have it notarized will that hold up in court? Can she go against it after it is notarized? And if she owes me arrears does that count as on going support or is it different?
Can she still put him on welfare anyways if she signs that. And if so, is she or me obligated to pay welfare back.? Please help she has been getting over on me for the last five years i've raised one and paid support for other cause she has been on aid.

L

LadyBlu

Angry Dad said:
I have two children from pre relation one resides w/ me and one w/ her. If we both sign a paper saying we are each only soley financially responsible for the child which lives w/ us until the age of 18 and will not ask for any current on going child support from each other and she states if she has to get on AFDC she will exclude our son, and we have it notarized will that hold up in court? Can she go against it after it is notarized? And if she owes me arrears does that count as on going support or is it different?
Can she still put him on welfare anyways if she signs that. And if so, is she or me obligated to pay welfare back.? Please help she has been getting over on me for the last five years i've raised one and paid support for other cause she has been on aid.
She can do anything she wants as the notarized agreement is not worth the paper it is written on when dealing with the courts.
Arrears are enforceable and collectable until paid.
She can put the child on welfare.
The state would pursue you to establish a support order and yes you would be held liable to pay back the AFDC.

You in turn can sue her for support, although I am not sure how you would get anything if she is claiming poverty.

The reasons that the state is having you pay support and not her can be explained quite simply.

You have two children, although one is living with you and enjoying the financial benefits of you supporting that child, is it then fair to say that since the other child is living with mom you do not owe that child the same right?

The court uses both parents income when computing support. That way if one parent is making 100 grand a year and the other 25grand, then they can even it out so both children are receiving the same benefits they would have enjoyed had you stayed together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">