• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Intent to Relocate Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdr2010

I am trying to file a notice of intent to relocate in Indiana without hiring a lawyer. I have generated the form, but I wanted to see if I could get some people to overlook the form to let me know if I am missing any information. The custodial parent and I have agreed on transportation and cost will be paid by me. After I am ready to send the form I just send a certified copy to the custodial parent and the county clerk correct? Thank you for your help in advance.

The Respondent, XXXXXX, states pursuant to Indiana Code 31-17-2.2:

1. I am a “relocating individual” as defined in Indiana Code 31-9-2-107.5, and I am seeking parenting time with a child in this cause.

2. I am moving my principle residence to Honolulu, Hawaii. My physical address has not yet been established due to military relocation. My new Permanent Duty Station address is XXXXX

3. My cell telephone number is XXXXX, and the telephone number of my employer is XXXX.

4.The date I intend to move to the new location is June 28, 2011. The child is not moving with me. The name, year of birth, and last four of the Social Security number of the child involved in this case is:

XXXXXX

5. I am relocating to the new address as a result of a Military Permanent Change of Station order.

6. I specifically propose the following revised schedule of parenting time:

(A) Parenting time shall be according to the the Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines, Section III, “Parenting Time When Distance is A Major Factor.”

7. If the “non relocating individual” (as defined in Indiana Code 31-9-2-84.6) objects to relocation of the child/children, the non relocation individual must file an objection with the court within sixty (60) days after receipt of this Notice.

8. This Notice and information is provided more than ninety (90) days prior to the intended move to the new residence.

9. I have personal knowledge of the facts stated above. I affirm under the penalties for perjury the foregoing representations are true.

Isis1

i'm not familiar with the indiana parenting guidline quite yet, so quickly throwing this out there. webcam visits? are those spelled out in there?

sdr2010

We currently do web cam visits (we live about 5hrs away right now)and I provided my son with a netbook to do so. None of this is in our current custody agreement since when it was filed I lived near my son. Do you think I should mandate them with the visitation order as well?

Isis1

We currently do web cam visits (we live about 5hrs away right now)and I provided my son with a netbook to do so. None of this is in our current custody agreement since when it was filed I lived near my son. Do you think I should mandate them with the visitation order as well?
you could notate it. i mean, you have already been doing it. is it safe to assume mom has never given you any problems about that?

sdr2010

Good Point. There is no problem with the webcam visits right now, and I dont intend there to be one in the future, so it wouldnt hurt to indicate that as well. Any input on the frequency of them? Right now we usually do it when the child indicates it.

LdiJ

I am trying to file a notice of intent to relocate in Indiana without hiring a lawyer. I have generated the form, but I wanted to see if I could get some people to overlook the form to let me know if I am missing any information. The custodial parent and I have agreed on transportation and cost will be paid by me. After I am ready to send the form I just send a certified copy to the custodial parent and the county clerk correct? Thank you for your help in advance.

The Respondent, XXXXXX, states pursuant to Indiana Code 31-17-2.2:

1. I am a “relocating individual” as defined in Indiana Code 31-9-2-107.5, and I am seeking parenting time with a child in this cause.

2. I am moving my principle residence to Honolulu, Hawaii. My physical address has not yet been established due to military relocation. My new Permanent Duty Station address is XXXXX

3. My cell telephone number is XXXXX, and the telephone number of my employer is XXXX.

4.The date I intend to move to the new location is June 28, 2011. The child is not moving with me. The name, year of birth, and last four of the Social Security number of the child involved in this case is:

XXXXXX

5. I am relocating to the new address as a result of a Military Permanent Change of Station order.

6. I specifically propose the following revised schedule of parenting time:

(A) Parenting time shall be according to the the Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines, Section III, “Parenting Time When Distance is A Major Factor.”

7. If the “non relocating individual” (as defined in Indiana Code 31-9-2-84.6) objects to relocation of the child/children, the non relocation individual must file an objection with the court within sixty (60) days after receipt of this Notice.

8. This Notice and information is provided more than ninety (90) days prior to the intended move to the new residence.

9. I have personal knowledge of the facts stated above. I affirm under the penalties for perjury the foregoing representations are true.
Whoa dad....now that I see this I realize that I did not give you good advice in your previous thread, and neither did anyone else.

We assumed, from your wording, that you already had a court order for the ITPG long distance parenting guidelines. This post makes it look like you have NO long distance orders yet.

You are moving great distance away and mom is not in agreement to 7 weeks. Your child is 8. A judge might not give you 7 consecutive weeks of summer in that scenario.

sdr2010

The mother and I have agreed verbally to keep the visitation the same when I relocate but I have not filed the intent to relocate yet with the court. We have a current order for the 7weeks and I currently live 5hrs away from the mother. The problem is not with the mother, it is deciding if the child should stay the 8weeks or not. The mother and I are willing to compramise outside of the 8weeks on our own, but I think the best bet it to keep the court order stating 8weeks and if we decide less that will be in our own hands.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">