• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meribeth

What is the name of your state?Northwest Florida

Ok some of you may remember me. I received permission from my ex to relocate and it was put in our order that I was allowed to relocate with the children. I have to give a 60 day notice in writing. I have done so. I sent it by mail with signature required and by email, and sent my attorney a copy. Well I know my ex received my email because he called the kids and our child was in tears when she got off the phone because she says her Dad is trying to make her say she doesn't want to go. I just hugged her and tolds her it would be ok....didn't know what to say.
Well now my ex has informed me that he never got the email and he refuses to sign for the notice that is coming by mail. And to boot he is saying that if he doent receive notice then I can't go with the kids. This is a military move and we have to clear housing and all the other stuff that goes with this type of move. I dont have time for him to play games. If he just flat out refuses to sign for this letter and claims he never got the email can he really keep me tied to this area?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

meribeth said:
What is the name of your state?Northwest Florida

Ok some of you may remember me. I received permission from my ex to relocate and it was put in our order that I was allowed to relocate with the children. I have to give a 60 day notice in writing. I have done so. I sent it by mail with signature required and by email, and sent my attorney a copy. Well I know my ex received my email because he called the kids and our child was in tears when she got off the phone because she says her Dad is trying to make her say she doesn't want to go. I just hugged her and tolds her it would be ok....didn't know what to say.
Well now my ex has informed me that he never got the email and he refuses to sign for the notice that is coming by mail. And to boot he is saying that if he doent receive notice then I can't go with the kids. This is a military move and we have to clear housing and all the other stuff that goes with this type of move. I dont have time for him to play games. If he just flat out refuses to sign for this letter and claims he never got the email can he really keep me tied to this area?

My response:

I don't know what you ex thinks he's doing. It doesn't matter whether he picks up his mail or not. Notice was sent, and when it comes back to you because he wouldn't sign, then that's tough sh!t. With the returned envelope, you can prove that you complied with the court orders.

Have a nice, safe, move.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">