• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notification of Illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

At the point that stepmom saw the facebook post, mom would still have been waiting for test results to find out if there was a need to notify dad, or just to have something definite to tell him. It was only the next day. OP is overreacting and overstepping.
If my kid had a seizure I would want to know immediately- regardless of whether test results were back yet. Wouldn't you? I think Dad should be pissed...I'm not getting into the step issue

maryjo

MaryJo, Natalie & CJane: None of you guys have orders from Alabama. :cool:

My orders (made in Alabama) are silent on notifying LYD if The Child has medical issues (or any other issues, for that matter). And (as OG said) there is nothing in the Alabama Statutes that says Mom has to notify Dad of diddly.
Oh no...I wasnt trying to say that because mine said what it does that her's would too. I just found it interesting because I had always thought it said I had to tell my ex within 24 hours but it doesnt. At least not that I can find now. It just says we have to tell each other. No specifics given.

However....if there was an emergency I would definately be telling dad ASAP and I hope he would do the same for me. (Who am I kidding. He would be calling me telling me to come take our son to the hospital! LOL!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">