• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notifying court of change of address...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProSeDadinMD

What is the name of your state? MD

Do you fine folks think that it is ok to send notification of a change of address for the NCP to the court via mail?

The order states

"ORDERED, that the obligor(me) is required to notify the court within 10 days of any change of address or employment so long as the obligation of support remains in effect; and it is further
ORDERED, that failure to comply with the foregoing requirements of notification of address will subject the obliger to a penalty not to exceed $250.00; and may result in the obligor's not receiving notification of proceedings for earnings withholding"

No mention of how to notify, although I have already emailed the address to ...her:rolleyes:...

I'm also not sure why the threat of "earnings withholding" since I already have that(it also has a statement to the effect that if I get 30 days in "arrears", that I will be subject to withholding, go figure:confused:)

My thought is to just send it 1st class mail to the court, ...her:rolleyes:..., and just to be a PIA, her lawyer(who I'm still considering reporting to the MD Bar for knowingly uttering false statements, but that's another thread:cool:).

seniorjudge

BEST WAY

Preferably, you carry your change of address to the courthouse with the info on your lawsuit.

Then ... pay attention here ... HAVE A CLERK SIGN A RECEIPT.

Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.

NEXT BEST WAY
Next best, send it certified mail, return receipt requested. Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.

ProSeDadinMD

BEST WAY

Preferably, you carry your change of address to the courthouse with the info on your lawsuit.

Then ... pay attention here ... HAVE A CLERK SIGN A RECEIPT.

Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.

NEXT BEST WAY
Next best, send it certified mail, return receipt requested. Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.
sj, I usually have them stamp a copy of all my motions, etc, for my records when I file something.

Just feeling lazy and don't want to go to the courthouse...:eek:

seniorjudge

sj, I usually have them stamp a copy of all my motions, etc, for my records when I file something.

Correct...that's the receipt I was talking about.

Just feeling lazy and don't want to go to the courthouse.

Can't imagine why. They smell so good, people are so nice, everyone is glad to be there, and everything is so organized!

:rolleyes:

CJane

Just feeling lazy and don't want to go to the courthouse...:eek:
So decide if it's worth the penalty if they lose your information, or it's recieved/stamped late. ;)

Seriously. Go to the court house. You have enough issues w/ :rolleyes: without creating more.

seniorjudge

So decide if it's worth the penalty if they lose your information, or it's recieved/stamped late. ;)

Seriously. Go to the court house. You have enough issues w/ :rolleyes: without creating more.
Of course I trust EVERY SINGLE clerk...but, yeah, go to the courthouse.:D

ProSeDadinMD

Ok, ok...

...I give. I will get over my laziness, just this one time:rolleyes:, to go on down there.

I don't even know if I need to send a copy to her lawyer, but I am anyway(maybe it will cost ...her:rolleyes:... a buck or two:p)

seniorjudge

...I give. I will get over my laziness, just this one time:rolleyes:, to go on down there.

I don't even know if I need to send a copy to her lawyer, but I am anyway(maybe it will cost ...her:rolleyes:... a buck or two:p)
SEND A COPY TO EVERYONE INVOLVED...HER, THE LAWYER, THE GUY WHO DELIVERS THE MARIJUANA, THE OLD LADY NEXT DOOR, ETC.

casa

What is the name of your state? MD

Do you fine folks think that it is ok to send notification of a change of address for the NCP to the court via mail?

The order states

"ORDERED, that the obligor(me) is required to notify the court within 10 days of any change of address or employment so long as the obligation of support remains in effect; and it is further
ORDERED, that failure to comply with the foregoing requirements of notification of address will subject the obliger to a penalty not to exceed $250.00; and may result in the obligor's not receiving notification of proceedings for earnings withholding"

No mention of how to notify, although I have already emailed the address to ...her:rolleyes:...

I'm also not sure why the threat of "earnings withholding" since I already have that(it also has a statement to the effect that if I get 30 days in "arrears", that I will be subject to withholding, go figure:confused:)

My thought is to just send it 1st class mail to the court, ...her:rolleyes:..., and just to be a PIA, her lawyer(who I'm still considering reporting to the MD Bar for knowingly uttering false statements, but that's another thread:cool:).
How does little Miss Pro Se like the new digs? :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">