+ Reply to Thread
    ProSeDadinMD is offline Senior Member

Notifying court of change of address...

What is the name of your state? MD

Do you fine folks think that it is ok to send notification of a change of address for the NCP to the court via mail?

The order states

"ORDERED, that the obligor(me) is required to notify the court within 10 days of any change of address or employment so long as the obligation of support remains in effect; and it is further
    ORDERED, that failure to comply with the foregoing requirements of notification of address will subject the obliger to a penalty not to exceed $250.00; and may result in the obligor's not receiving notification of proceedings for earnings withholding"

No mention of how to notify, although I have already emailed the address to ...her...

I'm also not sure why the threat of "earnings withholding" since I already have that(it also has a statement to the effect that if I get 30 days in "arrears", that I will be subject to withholding, go figure)

My thought is to just send it 1st class mail to the court, ...her..., and just to be a PIA, her lawyer(who I'm still considering reporting to the MD Bar for knowingly uttering false statements, but that's another thread).
    seniorjudge is offline Senior Member
    BEST WAY

Preferably, you carry your change of address to the courthouse with the info on your lawsuit.

Then ... pay attention here ... HAVE A CLERK SIGN A RECEIPT.

Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.

NEXT BEST WAY
    Next best, send it certified mail, return receipt requested. Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.
    There are two rules for success:

(1) Never tell everything you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge View Post
    BEST WAY

Preferably, you carry your change of address to the courthouse with the info on your lawsuit.

Then ... pay attention here ... HAVE A CLERK SIGN A RECEIPT.

Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.

NEXT BEST WAY
    Next best, send it certified mail, return receipt requested. Send a copy to the other party certified mail, return receipt requested.
    sj, I usually have them stamp a copy of all my motions, etc, for my records when I file something.

Just feeling lazy and don't want to go to the courthouse...
    sj, I usually have them stamp a copy of all my motions, etc, for my records when I file something.

Correct...that's the receipt I was talking about.

Just feeling lazy and don't want to go to the courthouse.

Can't imagine why. They smell so good, people are so nice, everyone is glad to be there, and everything is so organized!

CJane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProSeDadinMD View Post

Just feeling lazy and don't want to go to the courthouse...
    So decide if it's worth the penalty if they lose your information, or it's recieved/stamped late.

Seriously. Go to the court house. You have enough issues w/ without creating more.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJane View Post
    So decide if it's worth the penalty if they lose your information, or it's recieved/stamped late.

Seriously. Go to the court house. You have enough issues w/ without creating more.
    Of course I trust EVERY SINGLE clerk...but, yeah, go to the courthouse.

Ok, ok...

...I give. I will get over my laziness, just this one time, to go on down there.

I don't even know if I need to send a copy to her lawyer, but I am anyway(maybe it will cost ...her... a buck or two)
    ...I give. I will get over my laziness, just this one time, to go on down there.

I don't even know if I need to send a copy to her lawyer, but I am anyway(maybe it will cost ...her... a buck or two)
    SEND A COPY TO EVERYONE INVOLVED...HER, THE LAWYER, THE GUY WHO DELIVERS THE MARIJUANA, THE OLD LADY NEXT DOOR, ETC.

CJane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorjudge View Post
    Of course I trust EVERY SINGLE clerk...but, yeah, go to the courthouse.
    Well, I'm sure the clerks at YOUR courthouse are so DELIGHTED to be working for YOU, that they're just super uber trustworthy.
    casa is offline Senior Member
    What is the name of your state? MD

Do you fine folks think that it is ok to send notification of a change of address for the NCP to the court via mail?

The order states

"ORDERED, that the obligor(me) is required to notify the court within 10 days of any change of address or employment so long as the obligation of support remains in effect; and it is further
    ORDERED, that failure to comply with the foregoing requirements of notification of address will subject the obliger to a penalty not to exceed $250.00; and may result in the obligor's not receiving notification of proceedings for earnings withholding"

No mention of how to notify, although I have already emailed the address to ...her...

I'm also not sure why the threat of "earnings withholding" since I already have that(it also has a statement to the effect that if I get 30 days in "arrears", that I will be subject to withholding, go figure)

My thought is to just send it 1st class mail to the court, ...her..., and just to be a PIA, her lawyer(who I'm still considering reporting to the MD Bar for knowingly uttering false statements, but that's another thread).
    How does little Miss Pro Se like the new digs?
    TinkerBelleLuvr is offline Senior Member
    I fax my letters to the Friend of the Court since our fax machine will print a happy confirmation sheet for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by casa View Post
    How does little Miss Pro Se like the new digs?
    Loves it, it's about twice the size of our last house. Now, if I can only get her to finish unpacking her room

Going Tuesday to the courthouse. Within my 10 days.
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Also make sure you notify CSEA at their address as that quote is a child support law.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.