• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(NY) Do all states uphold other states family court orders (child support)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

barbersurgeon

Hello...I recently graduated from chiropractic college and have been making good income since. Here is my dilema: I make $100,000/yr. My X makes about $23,000/yr. NY is taking 17% of my income for child support. I have student loans that cost $2,000/month, and other normal living expenses. After taxes, I have no money. I feel as though I am getting screwed by the state. I pay here almost as much as she earns in one year. I met my X during the beginning of my education (we only dated) and by mistake we have a beautiful 1yr. old daughter. Are there any states that will not uphold NY family court order for child support??????????? I would like to move out of NY (still pay support with in reason) to try to stay alive! Thanks for your time.

Barbersurgeon...

haiku

without going into much else, unless the custodial parent moves to another state and moves jurisdiction of your case there, and even so, that state will most likely uphold NY previous orders for support, you will always be under NY law. Where YOU live has no bearing....

oh and by the way, be grateful you live in NY, try 33% on for size and see how that fits......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">