• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining Primary physical custody of a child when parents share joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcowgurl1819

Louisiana I am trying to gether information for my husband. His 5 year old son resides in oklahoma. The childs mother has not allowed him to see his son in over a year. We have now been informed that the child is spending 90% of the time at the paternal grandfathers house and is being neglected by the mother. We have several notorized statements attesting to this fact. We are seeking to get primary phsyical custody of the child as both parents have joint custody. However we live in the state of Louisiana and are seeking an attorney to help us. What do we need to do to start this process?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It would be more helpful if your husband could come and post - he is more likely to have the answers to the necessary questions. Thanks for your cooperation!

Antigone*

Louisiana I am trying to gether information for my husband. His 5 year old son resides in oklahoma. The childs mother has not allowed him to see his son in over a year. We have now been informed that the child is spending 90% of the time at the paternal grandfathers house and is being neglected by the mother. We have several notorized statements attesting to this fact. We are seeking to get primary phsyical custody of the child as both parents have joint custody. However we live in the state of Louisiana and are seeking an attorney to help us. What do we need to do to start this process?
In order to find an attorney, your husband might want to Google, Louisiana family law attorneys.

CSO286

We have now been informed that the child is spending 90% of the time at the paternal grandfathers house and is being neglected by the mother.
Ok, so if 90% of the time, the child's needs are being met, how is Mom neglecting the child?

And paternal grandfather--that would be your husband's dad--so why doesn't Dad go and see child, or for that matter, if child is with paternal grandpa 90% of the time, then how would mom even know if Dad went to pick up said child?

And there is no "we" here. Dad needs to take all necessary steps, not the "we".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">