• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio Case law and custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dyllomom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I have a situation, and need some help! I moved 20 miles away (due to high crime in our area and my kids not feeling safe) and it is in another county HOWEVER i had already filed with my old attorney a petition to terminate my "shared parenting order" and also made it clear he needed to file Immediately for a change of address in my case, however he did not!(And yes he was fired.) Now a year and a half later i am in the final stages of the case to dismiss and give me full custody.My ex has 2 times now stopped me the 1st time 7 weeks and the 2nd time 4 weeks (false CPO's that were dismissed b/c of NO proof) from seeing my son and also been in contempt (from not attending a parenting class) he has "residential" parenting for school purposes ( as stated in our dissolution and no i was not represented by a lawyer) but i am in a different s.d i am now trying to prove it would be beneficial for my son to go to the same one my other children go to but they claim that b/c i filed the petition for different circumstances then exist now (however more circumstances including my move have risen) they want to dismiss the case ( his lawyer) I need to find a case (in Ohio) where it spells out SPECIFICALLY what is the in fact case ( yes there has been a change in circumstance since the first spp but it has changed since i filed this ( a year and a half ago) can anyone help me find SOMETHING?
I am a childcare provider that is at home ALL day long and live less then a block from his school and is readily available for my son and his father is attending college an hour away and i am an hour away now .
one thing also that he also filed for full custody and drop the shared parenting order due to modifications...and in his other ( older) son's case he did the EXACT same thing and ended up lying to the courts and getting his way SAME HERE how can i get this out and my point proven??!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I have a situation, and need some help! I moved 20 miles away (due to high crime in our area and my kids not feeling safe) and it is in another county HOWEVER i had already filed with my old attorney a petition to terminate my "shared parenting order" and also made it clear he needed to file Immediately for a change of address in my case, however he did not!(And yes he was fired.)
OKay but why were you attempting to terminate the shared parenting order?
Now a year and a half later i am in the final stages of the case to dismiss and give me full custody
Dismiss what to give you full custody?
My ex has 2 times now stopped me the 1st time 7 weeks and the 2nd time 4 weeks (false CPO's that were dismissed b/c of NO proof) from seeing my son and also been in contempt (from not attending a parenting class)
What parenting class? When was he ordered to take it? Did the COURT find him in contempt?

he has "residential" parenting for school purposes ( as stated in our dissolution and no i was not represented by a lawyer)
Doesn't matter if you were represented by an attorney. The child goes to school in his school district then.

but i am in a different s.d i am now trying to prove it would be beneficial for my son to go to the same one my other children go to but they claim that b/c i filed the petition for different circumstances then exist now (however more circumstances including my move have risen) they want to dismiss the case ( his lawyer)
Where does the child attend school now? Did you file amended petitions for the new circumstances?

I need to find a case (in Ohio) where it spells out SPECIFICALLY what is the in fact case ( yes there has been a change in circumstance since the first spp but it has changed since i filed this ( a year and a half ago) can anyone help me find SOMETHING?
What is the substantial circumstance in the life of the child?

I am a childcare provider that is at home ALL day long and live less then a block from his school and is readily available for my son and his father is attending college an hour away and i am an hour away now .
The child attends school all day long. Did you move an hour from dad and son?

one thing also that he also filed for full custody and drop the shared parenting order due to modifications...and in his other ( older) son's case he did the EXACT same thing and ended up lying to the courts and getting his way SAME HERE how can i get this out and my point proven??!!
How is he lying to the courts? You moved without proper notice. Dad has shared parenting and residential for school purposes. Dad is not in contempt if an ex parte restraining order denied you visits. As for dad lying, did you prove that he committed perjury? Were you awarded parenting make up time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">