• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

opposite gender siblings sharing bedrooms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeldolph

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
When my step son is at his Mother's house he has to share a bedroom with his 2 half sisters and his half brother. They have a boys room and a girls room, however every weekend he comes home and complains to us how he had to sleep in the same room, sometimes sharing a bed with one of them. He is the oldest at the age of 11, in my eyes this is morally wrong but a co-worker has told me they thought it was not legal for this to happen.

CJane

If it's only an e/o weekend thing, it's not something that a judge is likely to consider.

Besides, what do 'you' want to have happen? Visitation suspension? Mom forced to move to a bigger place? What?

P.S. If this is your stepson, YOU don't actually have a dog in this fight. Nope, not even if.

Zephyr

I don't see how there is much that can be done...a person cannot be forced to live in a place that is more than they can afford, even if it allows children separate rooms. It's probably more appropriate to teach kiddo that every house runs differently and to make due with what's at hand.

CJane

I just wanna know where these kids are that are constantly complaining about the sleeping sitch when at other household.

My girls have THREE beds in their room (I only have 2 girls), Twain has a bed in his room.s room... we have a super comfy couch, huge floor pillows, sleeping bags, air mattresses... and where do they sleep 99% of the time? My bed. All 3 kids, both cats and me.

Perhaps BOY is complaining to YOU / DAD because he's somehow rewarded for doing-so (even unconsciously)?

Isis1

this question is definitely a break from "can my child decide if he has to follow the court order" question. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

it is not illegal for siblings of the opposite sex to share a room. only foster parents are held to that standard. (at least that is what i heard)

Last edited:

haiku

well my family must be going to Hell then...

all 4 of them would end up on the pull out couch in front of the TV most weekends, oh noes!

this is NOT worth getting riled up about at. all.

When I was growing up, my two sisters, my brother, my parents, and myself all lived in a three bedroom house. My parents got one room, my sisters got another room, and you guessed it....my brother and I shared a room. I am older than him by 12 years, so, yes, a 13 year old girl shared a room with her 1 year old brother. Oh, the humanity!

Can I sue my parents for the injustice of sharing a room with my brother or has the statue of limitations run out? Also, my parents made me milk cows on our dairy farm every morning without paying me. Can I sue them for the wages I should have earned?

txmom512

When my dd's riding instructor was 8 to about 13 yrs old, in the summer, more nights than not, she ended up out in the barn sleeping ON her Horse! No joke! Her mom told us....

Isis1

When my dd's riding instructor was 8 to about 13 yrs old, in the summer, more nights than not, she ended up out in the barn sleeping ON her Horse! No joke! Her mom told us....
you know, if it had been a cat, and not a horse, that would have been a cute picture. but now i see a child half hanging on the horse snoring about to fall off.:eek:

txmom512

you know, if it had been a cat, and not a horse, that would have been a cute picture. but now i see a child half hanging on the horse snoring about to fall off.:eek:

Nah - you should see these girls who have been riding their whole lives... The whole balance thing is instinctive, they don't even think about it. You'd be amazed at what these girls can do on a horse.... :)

Nah - you should see these girls who have been riding their whole lives... The whole balance thing is instinctive, they don't even think about it. You'd be amazed at what these girls can do on a horse.... :)
My step-daughter has been riding for a couple of years and just started competing this past summer. One of the horse mom's in our riding club has the following bumper sticker on their trailer: "How do you make a small fortune in horses? Start with a large fortune." NO KIDDING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">