+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    neopandora is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cope.ronni View Post
    There have been charges filed. I have talked with a representative with the child abduction unit and was told the details of the charge.
    It states that my estranged husband alleges he was never served before the hearing for the permanent restraining order and therefore it should be rendered void and he should be allowed visitation.
    Anyone that has gotten an order of protection before knows that the judge won't even continue without a proof of service making it impossible to obtain a permanent order without one. Also, he plead guilty in court when arrested for violating the temporary order, no one would do that if they had not been served.
    I have indeed sought an attorney at this point to help me with this case. I was also informed that when I attend the hearing via phone conference the child abduction charge will be dropped.
    Glad to hear you have any attorney to help you clear up the charge so it doesn't come back and bite you.
    cope.ronni is offline Junior Member
    I hope that this helps anyone in my situation.
    NEVER take anyone's word on legal issues. If it doesn't sound right, it probably isn't and above all else, seek an attorney.